DAY 2: The Most Magnificent Serious Compact Photo Challenge - August 2013

I can't tell what those are, but the third is the scariest!

Oh I don't know, the first one might be some nasty bacteria as seen under a microscope. Has anyone ever checked out Luke's ever growing pulsating brain and his connections to the ultra world? The last one might be his lab mouse under X-ray!

Up In The Air

at the Apple Valley Legion Hall for all-you-can-eat fish fry, pull tabs, kareoke and PBR with some old friends... [I definitely should have come up a better pic]

20130802-FinePix_X100-_DSF0263-Edit.JPG
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

OK, it's time for me to reveal the unrecognizable.
#1 was dog treats in a jar. i shot a macro through a curvy part of the glass jar to add some nice distortion and going mono helped to remove any color clues as well. Here's a quick snap....
9436257052_59e130edf1_z.jpg

P1010068 by Lukinosity, on Flickr

#2 is the humble dog water bowl. I like the reflections and having a shallow DOF allowed most bits to work more as out of focus texture than anything else.
see nothing out of the ordinary there.....
9433484175_31b36cd3a6_z.jpg

P1010067 by Lukinosity, on Flickr

and #3 is a bit scary and alien looking. But sometimes I think Oscar is an alien....it's the bottom side of his foot I shot while he was cleaning himself....a little motion blur obfuscated the details just enough to keep you all off the scent. Here's the shot right before it on the card....
View attachment 73340
P1010058 by Lukinosity, on Flickr

Unrecognizable

stephen.jpg

Back