DAY 31 - Golden October

Discussion in 'Image Quest' started by pniev, Oct 31, 2013.

1. pniev

pniev Student for life

Jun 10, 2013
    Happy Halloween! I was planning to take a Halloween shot today but I'll be out most of the day. So here's an earlier shot of last Sunday, processed differently.

• Like Like x 8
  2. MiguelATF

MiguelATF SC Top Veteran

Aug 27, 2013
    Talent, Oregon (far from the madding crowd)
    Miguel Tejada-Flores
    Two Halloween shots: from the Pastoral....to the Putrefied

Well seeing how as it's not only the last day of Golden October....but also HALLOWEEN! I have two shots....from the sublime to the snarling.

#1 I took a little earlier today, on the small rural street in the small Oregon town where I live - and where the winds haven't blown all the blood-red leaves from the trees yet -

10586671825_186e5fa44f_b.
    Talent Colors by La Chachalaca FotografĂ­a, on Flickr

And #2 was taken on Main Street in the neighboring town, Klamath Falls, where enterprising entrepreneurs are celebrating Halloween ghoulishness with a Zombie Mannequin who, appropriately enough, is wearing a pumpkin orange OSU (Oregon State University) sweatshirt -

10586554023_1b1376d3a7_b.
    Klamath Falls Zombie 1 by La Chachalaca FotografĂ­a, on Flickr

Both were taken with my newish fisheye, hence the somewhat strange perspectives....but, hey! it's Halloween! Happy Hauntings to all!

• Like Like x 6
  3. drd1135

drd1135 SC Hall of Famer

Jul 13, 2011
    Southwest Virginia
    Steve
    I'll end October with a colorful drive-by:
    backcampus2-L.

• Like Like x 7
  4. muzee

muzee SC Veteran

Apr 30, 2013
    One to end the month. It's been challenging - to say the least :)

Peace out! :) ...hope I didn't post this one before.
    10591858295_a9bbddbbd5_b.

• Like Like x 7
  5. KillRamsey

KillRamsey SC Hall of Famer

Jun 20, 2012
    Cambridge, MA
    Kyle
    Shot last night on the way home from school. Sometimes the girl rides her own push bike to school, which is a big deal for her. She's barely 4, and it's a mile away. Yesterday both of us were able to go get her together, and we brought the dog, so it was the whole family. Good stuff.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 9
  6. snkenai

snkenai SC All-Pro

Oct 5, 2010
    kenai, AK
    Stephen Noel
    They're Back

About 50 feet from my chair. They sometimes walk right under my window. Windows are tinted, so they can't see in. With a narrow, crank out section at the bottom, makes a nice "camera blind". :smile:

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 6
  7. Luke

Luke Super Moderator

Nov 11, 2011
    Milwaukee, WI USA
    Luke
    Just unpacked from an out of town funeral. The suit needs to go to the dry cleaners anyways, so I guess it's OK if Kiki uses it as a bed for a day.

napping on my suit by Lukinosity, on Flickr

• Like Like x 7
  8. MiguelATF

MiguelATF SC Top Veteran

Aug 27, 2013
    Talent, Oregon (far from the madding crowd)
    Miguel Tejada-Flores
    Well, whatever you did in processing.....the effect is haunting and beautiful.

• Like Like x 1
  9. donlaw

donlaw SC All-Pro

Sep 14, 2012
    Texas
    Don
    Sure enjoyed all the photos this month. I'll end with a quick phone shot of Jack Skellington's shrine to Nightmare Before Christmas (our favorite Halloween movie).

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 5
  10. TheRubySusan

TheRubySusan SC Top Veteran

Sep 2, 2013
    Henry, IL
    Ruby
    I'm sorry for your loss. But I can't help responding to Kiki, who certainly thinks the suit is fair game! Lovely photo! But I'm not going to let my cats see it and get ideas!

• Like Like x 1
  11. TheRubySusan

Sep 2, 2013
    Henry, IL
    Ruby
    I have long bewailed the lack of double-hung windows in this house. But today I discovered that I can open the bottom half of the window, slide up the half-screen behind it, and have a clear shot onto the outside world. So I give you - Henry, Il's bustling Main Street! At the sunniest time of this day, no less!
    10599133753_3720a332f1_o.
    Leafy Sidewalk by rubyj29, on Flickr

10599133753_c8175b044f_t.
    Leafy Sidewalk by rubyj29, on Flickr

• Like Like x 6
  12. donlaw

donlaw SC All-Pro

Sep 14, 2012
    Texas
    Don
    Luke,
    I just realized your cat and ours share the same name: Kiki
    Ours was named after the Miyazaki film: Kiki's home delivery service

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 3
  13. Luke

Luke Super Moderator

Nov 11, 2011
    Milwaukee, WI USA
    Luke
    I don't know the film, but I'll seek it out. My wife brought Kiki to our relationship and she was named already. I usually call her BoBo since her name is Kiki Bojangles (and I associate Kiki with "Don't go Breaking My Heart"). Your Kiki is a real beauty.

• Like Like x 2
  14. TheRubySusan

Sep 2, 2013
    Henry, IL
    Ruby
    I consider myself a Miyazaki fan, and I wasn't impressed with Kiki's Home Delivery Service, so I'll be interested what you think, Luke! However, I adore the Kiki named after her and the one that wasn't. I think "Kiki" is a "urname" (if I may coin a word) for a cat. My husband has a stuffed tiger about as long as my hand guarding our spices. It was one of his favorite toys when he was a child, and he thinks he was trying to say "Kitty" when he named it.

• Like Like x 1
  15. staticantics

staticantics SC Regular

Oct 15, 2013
    Central California
    Chris
  16. Lightmancer

Lightmancer Super Moderator

Aug 13, 2011
    Sunny Frimley
    Bill Palmer
    I just want to thank all who have "played" this month. An amazing and uplifting display that I have really enjoyed. I have not contributed as much as I would have liked, due to it being my year-end at work and the little matter of a wedding to prepare for, but I have been here in spirit.

Did I mention wedding? Oh yes, in a little under three hours. :D

Be good for the other Mods while I am away, please.

Oh - anyone else feel like joining me in a NOVEMBER NOCTURNE? post what you like, as long as it is a night shot... :D

Sent from another Galaxy

• Like Like x 3
  17. TheRubySusan

Sep 2, 2013
    Henry, IL
    Ruby
    So appropriate for Halloween! And Larger than Life Size Candy Corn - I'm about to swoon from the sugar rush, just looking at it!

18. TheRubySusan

Sep 2, 2013
    Henry, IL
    Ruby
    Wedding? Have I missed something in earlier posts? Your own? My congratulations to whoever they apply to!

And I'm trying to parley November Nocturne into Dinner at the Marina. The sacrifices I make for this group!

19. Isoterica

Isoterica SC Hall of Famer

Dec 6, 2011

Looks awesome.. a lot better than they taste :D. Remember everyone, today is halloween candy sale day!!!

20. marlof

marlof Trying to focus

Dec 25, 2010
    The Netherlands
    Marlof
    • Like Like x 4