Dead Camera Thread

Really enjoying this thread, but unfortunately nothing to contribute. Didn't start shooting again seriously until about five years ago and any digital camera from before that are the cheapest if cheap little point and shoots... Maybe in about nine years I'll be able to use the DF for this thread!

-Ray

how many mps is that E1? the L1 has live view, but the screen isnt very good, though there is a focus confirm light that is very helpful in certain situations.

The E1 is five megapixels. I still have to learn how to best use the focus system. I'm sure there's 'focus confirm' too - have to look into that :)
(With the Elk Creek shots it didn't help that they were mostly shot with a wide aperture as it was so dark in there.)

(On the E-M1 I mostly use manual focus with the EVF magnification. Autofocus always seems to get 'very close' - but not 100% where I'd like it to be.)

Great idea!
This fall I shot a few weeks with a loaned Canon 350D and kitlens (until I came across my X-E1 for a good price). The only other 'dead' camera I had is a Powershot A530, but I don't feel like picking that up again.

Except for the tiny viewfinder, I liked the 350D. Sharp, good handling, and small!! I was not happy with the JPEG's. My general impression is that the 350D is a little bit faster than the Fuji X-E1 (focusing, shutter lag?).

For someone that wants to start in photography: great choice to find out of you like it.

15380513438_c8562e6f72_b.jpg
Untitled
by Paul/J, on Flickr

View attachment 112806Untitled by Paul/J, on Flickr

some nice new additions today. thats two people with the 350d...paul i had whatever that original powershot was, the one that looked like the film model called Elf. it had 2mps. its long gone, though some nice pictures remain. i like this one which was a long exposure at night on some island

p467383875-5.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Been visiting a few weeks now, and this looks like a good place for us who use different cameras to mingle a bit.
This thread has caught my attention, a lot of great old gear showing off their stuff...

Well, I have a late 1980's Nikon EM, right now, of my only 2 Nikon lenses (24mm Ais CFC, 50mm f/1.4 Nikkor S), the 24mm is the one that I use...
BTW, the 24mm is my favorite lens.

These are from last week. Nikon EM, Kentmere 100, HC110 H (1:60), Nikon 24mm f/2.8 Ais

20010529873_767816a03f_b.jpg

2015 Classic Street Photography
by Peter Arbib: My Classic Street Photography, on Flickr

20671170925_be7450109d_b.jpg

20638089511_c39e457514_b.jpg

This picture is from a Nikon F2 with a 50mm 1.2 Ais.
It is equipped with a DP-1 viewer (Photomic), but the number on the case begins with a 79.
Don't know when it was made.
I like the really big viewer window, the controls on top and the heavy tough case (although not for a long walk while carrying in hand).

16397080586_c3031b69c9_c.jpg

15806100814_4424d69ed2_b.jpg

At the moment I reactivate my first own digitial camera - a DSC-S30. I wonder how I'll realise photography with this old early-post-millenial camera with my present knowledge.

I have a confession to make... I weakened the other day and pulled the trigger on a 24-72mm lens module for the Ricoh GXR... I had the system before I went Fuji and I do regret selling out. I'm also on the lookout for the 50mm - an under-rated (if slightly slow-focussing) lens. Problem is, I have no body upon which to mount it... as soon as I find one I shall "play" here ;)

I'm noticing across a few photo boards lately that the a number of people are pressing the Olympus E1 back into service. It's nice to see that a lot of these old cameras are still able to put out such pleasing results. I love the Panasonic L1. The only real concern with these cameras, I suppose, is making sure one can get replacement batteries. But the trend toward proprietary power seems to be more recent. A lot of older digital cameras use generic batteries that can still be purchased new - even if only from aftermarket suppliers.

so i just came across a couple from my old 5mp sony cybershot fixed lens zoom. see if you can name the musician.

p456122000-5.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)
Why that'd be the good Doctor John "Mac" Rebennack. He's getting on - he looks a lot better here than he did the last time I saw him. You was in the right place and it must have been the right time too! Great shot, BTW!

-Ray

Why that'd be the good Doctor John "Mac" Rebennack. He's getting on - he looks a lot better here than he did the last time I saw him. You was in the right place and it must have been the right time too! Great shot, BTW!

-Ray

I knew I knew him its been an ear worm all day = Thanks Ray

ray your post was hysterical! lol! yeah, that was like ten years ago, maybe more, up at belleayre resort in the catskills. many great acts ive shot there including 3 dog night, emmy lou harris, aaron neville, michele shocked, lyle lovett, los lobos, charlie daniels etc. very intimate venue. that dr john photo is really heavily cropped, which makes that particular dead sony even more cool. that was a nice cam...btw, that stream shot is part of our 'spread'.

Back