1. Reminder: Please user our affiliate links to get to your favorite stores for holiday shopping!

debris

Discussion in 'Street and Documentary' started by davect01, Dec 12, 2011.

1. I love nature and it bugs me to see how some people just randomly dispose of their debris where ever they feel like it.

DSC01481%252Bw.

DSC01483%252Bw.

DSC01537%252Bw.

• Like Like x 3
  2. Xuereb

Xuereb SC Veteran

Nov 5, 2010
    W. Australia
    It is a mark of disrespect for the universe.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Luke

Luke Super Moderator

Nov 11, 2011
    Milwaukee, WI USA
    Luke
    well the baseball in the grass will likely find a new home. The rest is just rude.

• Like Like x 1
  4. I agree, just bugs me how people just don't care. But it makes for some great images.

I always try and clean up a bit if I can.

• Like Like x 2
  5. bartjeej

bartjeej SC Hall of Famer

Nov 12, 2010
    bart
    ugh, I hate it too. Like Xuereb said, incredibly disrespectful. I have no idea how to change it without becoming a total police state though...

• Like Like x 2
  6. stillshunter

stillshunter Super Moderator Emeritus

Nov 5, 2010
    Down Under
    Mark
    I'm with Bart and Xuereb. On a landscape forum I frequented they talked about a campaign to encourage each member to pick up some litter on each of their photographic outings. Oddly, they quoted Australia as a fine example of this with our "Keep Australia Beautiful", "Don't be a tosser", and "Clean up Australia Day Campaigns"....Humbling for us backward colonials....but a great initiative. So much better than needing to clone stamp out all manner of objects from your image :dash2:

• Like Like x 1
  7. HeatherTheVet

HeatherTheVet SC All-Pro

Apr 23, 2011
    Scotland
    Heather
    I used to do that on all my canoeing trips, take an extra bag and clean up the riverbank as we went. I still do it when I go hillwalking. My current pet hate is the mountain of foosty bread that is liberally scattered all over the local park. People don't seem to understand they are not feeding the birds, they are feeding the rats, and if bread is blue it's not good for anything to eat! I'm not taking about a scattering of breadcrumbs, this is whole loaves, chains of rolls...

• Like Like x 2
  8. kyteflyer

kyteflyer ~@¿@~

Jan 31, 2011
    Newcastle, Australia
    Sue
    I just cant help wondering why. Why would you put an old fire extinguisher canister in a tree? why? What kind of lunacy exists in this world that something like that happens?

Cleanup... yep where possible. On a main road near where I live, theres a woman who goes on a morning walk with a bag and a picker-upper gadget. She does both sides of the road for about 5 kms. Thats what I call civic minded. The sad thing is, it never ends. I saw her out one morning and was following a car in which one of the passengers threw out an empty cigarette pack - right in front of her. I just dont get that at all.

9. Thanks

I agree that it is very disrespectful to just dump your trash and debris where ever you want to.