1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

December Doodads - Day Eighteen

Discussion in 'Image Quest' started by Jules, Dec 18, 2013.

1. Jules

Jules SC Regular

Feb 3, 2012
    Bremer Valley, Australia
    Julie-Anne
    • Like Like x 7
  2. drd1135

drd1135 SC Hall of Famer

Jul 13, 2011
    Southwest Virginia
    Steve
    This office window faces a large internal atrium with a huge skylight. The plant is working its way through the blinds to the light. I'm just standing in the corridor a few feet away, which is why these blinds are never open.

plant-escape-L.

• Like Like x 6
  3. ReD

ReD SC Hall of Famer

Mar 27, 2013
    Ernie - Fastest Milkman in the West

Outside Tesco

• Like Like x 7
  4. ivoire

ivoire SC All-Pro

Dec 3, 2011
    chicago burbs
    mike
    Mahakala (mask) is a Dharmapala "protector of dharma" ie "cosmic law and order"

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 6
  5. TheRubySusan

TheRubySusan SC Top Veteran

Sep 2, 2013
    Henry, IL
    Ruby
    The front of Granny's watch, with the mend that was probably made before I was born. It's a trick of the light that makes the bird look like it has a stone set in its eye.
    11445555043_d22ef4ea98_b.
    Granny's Watch, Front by rubyj29, on Flickr

• Like Like x 5
  6. MiguelATF

MiguelATF SC Top Veteran

Aug 27, 2013
    Talent, Oregon (far from the madding crowd)
    Miguel Tejada-Flores
    Angry Orchard

Angry Orchard is the name of a brewer of hard apple cider from America's 'heartland', aka Cincinnati, Ohio, whose cider bottles feature beautiul and inventive artwork. But I was looking at the bottles from a slightly different point of view.......from directly above.

11431156403_8f93e5b2a1_b.
    Angry Orchard by La Chachalaca FotografĂ­a, on Flickr

• Like Like x 4
  7. theoldsmithy

theoldsmithy SC Top Veteran

Jan 7, 2013
    Herefordshire, England
    Martin Connolly
    • Like Like x 5
  8. TheRubySusan

TheRubySusan SC Top Veteran

Sep 2, 2013
    Henry, IL
    Ruby
    Nice photo! Good cider! They serve it several places around here (N. Central Illinois). How did you get width of field like that? Tilt-shift?

• Like Like x 1
  9. MiguelATF

MiguelATF SC Top Veteran

Aug 27, 2013
    Talent, Oregon (far from the madding crowd)
    Miguel Tejada-Flores
    The visual effect is a combination of two things - first is the extreme wide angle FOV/field-of-view - on my little Lumix LX7 it actually can zoom out to the equivalent of a 24mm lens, which is definitely on the wide side. So looking down on these bottles, it gives a slighty exaggerated and much wider-than-normal feeling. The second is using an in-camera 'creative filter' effect (Panasonic's answer to Olympus's in-camera 'Art Filters') - in this case, Panasonic calls it a 'Miniature' effect, but basically what it does is to defocus peripheral areas while keeping the main focus point quite sharp - which creates a diorama-like effect. (In fact, Olympus calls their similar filter a 'Diorama'.) I've gotten to be quite fond of it, especially with some wide angle lenses.