December Doodads - Day Eighteen

Mahakala (mask) is a Dharmapala "protector of dharma" ie "cosmic law and order"

Attachments

• mahakala.jpg
    mahakala.jpg
    187 KB · Views: 161
Angry Orchard

Angry Orchard is the name of a brewer of hard apple cider from America's 'heartland', aka Cincinnati, Ohio, whose cider bottles feature beautiul and inventive artwork. But I was looking at the bottles from a slightly different point of view.......from directly above.

11431156403_8f93e5b2a1_b.jpg

Angry Orchard by La Chachalaca Fotografía, on Flickr

Angry Orchard is the name of a brewer of hard apple cider from America's 'heartland', aka Cincinnati, Ohio, whose cider bottles feature beautiul and inventive artwork. But I was looking at the bottles from a slightly different point of view.......from directly above.

11431156403_8f93e5b2a1_b.jpg

Angry Orchard by La Chachalaca Fotografía, on Flickr

Nice photo! Good cider! They serve it several places around here (N. Central Illinois). How did you get width of field like that? Tilt-shift?

Nice photo! Good cider! They serve it several places around here (N. Central Illinois). How did you get width of field like that? Tilt-shift?

The visual effect is a combination of two things - first is the extreme wide angle FOV/field-of-view - on my little Lumix LX7 it actually can zoom out to the equivalent of a 24mm lens, which is definitely on the wide side. So looking down on these bottles, it gives a slighty exaggerated and much wider-than-normal feeling. The second is using an in-camera 'creative filter' effect (Panasonic's answer to Olympus's in-camera 'Art Filters') - in this case, Panasonic calls it a 'Miniature' effect, but basically what it does is to defocus peripheral areas while keeping the main focus point quite sharp - which creates a diorama-like effect. (In fact, Olympus calls their similar filter a 'Diorama'.) I've gotten to be quite fond of it, especially with some wide angle lenses.

Back