1. Reminder: Please user our affiliate links to get to your favorite stores for holiday shopping!

Did I get carried away with this?

Discussion in 'Scenic, Architecture, and Travel' started by PeterB666, Nov 29, 2010.

1. I haven't taken a Panorama for quite a while but as I have been shooting quite long lenses compared to normal - well I got a bit carried away...

This is a 10 shot panorama taken with an Olympus E-P1 and Voigtlander 25mm f/0.95 stopped down to get a good depth of field. This reduced image is from a 70 mp original (yes, that's right 20,104 x 3,513 after joining and cropping) with a file size of 202 MB. I didn't measure it but it is almost a 270 degrees sweep of Botany Bay.

I have reduced it a bit for the Internet (but you will still need to scroll)...

5216837299_d6e2b02a33_b.
    Sunset at Bare Island, La Perouse by peterb666, on Flickr

P.S. Looks like the system shurnk it so I have replaced the link. Click to view larger (up to 2400 wide),

• Like Like x 2
  2. christilou

christilou SC Hall of Famer

Jul 13, 2010
    Sunny Frimley
    Don't worry, it's absolutely beautiful and I would be proud to have taken it! Wow!

3. Ghosthunter

Ghosthunter boo!

Sep 8, 2010
    London UK
    Andy
    I agree, it's pretty much perfect! Very nice indeed.

4. BBW

BBW Administrator Emeritus

Jul 7, 2010
    betwixt and between
    BB
  5. Ghosthunter

Ghosthunter boo!

Sep 8, 2010
    London UK
    Andy
    You liked it so much BB you posted twice!! :biggrin:

6. BBW

BBW Administrator Emeritus

Jul 7, 2010
    betwixt and between
    BB
    :tongue: Thanks Andy! Sometimes I find double posting seems to happen here - even without my enthusiasm.:biggrin: I'll delete it now...

7. TraamisVOS

TraamisVOS SC Hall of Famer

Nov 29, 2010
    Melboune, Australia
    Wow, you've inspired me to try this with my 7D.

8. Neil

Neil SC Rookie

Sep 7, 2010
    Peter,this is spectacular and youve put in a lot of work to get this .Not sure if you would like an opinion on the printing.Am definatley not saying that youve made a bad print,its beautiful but I would have handled it a little differently,.......not better;..just a change of emphasis.Not sure of the etiquette here but if youd like Ill explain what I mean.

9. Djarum

Djarum SC All-Pro

Jul 10, 2010
    Huntsville, AL
    Jason
    Its very nice if you ask me.