The Whiskey club !

5-X2.jpg

Child playing in creek

4-X2.jpg

Macro

1-X2.jpg

Gotta love the colours

2-X2.jpg

Nice series, Wolf! I asked B&H to send me an X10 so as to have a camera for comparison to the G1X. I knew that the X10 ticked all of my boxes for this class of camera, but I didn't realize I'd like it as much as I do. It's an amazing camera. Breaks my heart to send it back to B&H now that the G1X review is done.

I prefer this camera to the LX5, EX1/TL500, XZ1, and all the great Canon compacts (G1X included). Shame that this orb issue has become the focus of attention. I think Fuji should have replied to the orb issue by saying that in order to make a camera this amazing, it had to have orbs, end of story.

From what I read (and as you will know) the GX1 has better high ISO...
But the fuji is so much nicer in handling, colours, macro, looks...
and it costs a lot less too.

I have had the panasonic LX5 too, a very nice camera, but this one easly beats is.
The XZ1 I didn't like much.

This is by far the best small sensor compact I had and i'm really impressed with high iso too
on 800 for example it beats current M43 with kit lens easly...

Nice series, Wolf! I asked B&H to send me an X10 so as to have a camera for comparison to the G1X. I knew that the X10 ticked all of my boxes for this class of camera, but I didn't realize I'd like it as much as I do. It's an amazing camera. Breaks my heart to send it back to B&H now that the G1X review is done.

I prefer this camera to the LX5, EX1/TL500, XZ1, and all the great Canon compacts (G1X included). Shame that this orb issue has become the focus of attention. I think Fuji should have replied to the orb issue by saying that in order to make a camera this amazing, it had to have orbs, end of story.

We're all eager to see how the sensor changeout goes. I like the X10 as-is; I have some trepidation about swapping out the sensor and finding out there was a tradeoff between orbs and something else. Definitely will not be an early adopter of the replacement sensor!

We're all eager to see how the sensor changeout goes. I like the X10 as-is; I have some trepidation about swapping out the sensor and finding out there was a tradeoff between orbs and something else. Definitely will not be an early adopter of the replacement sensor!

I'm quite sure the orbs won't bother me much.
If i need high iso i'll use my X100 anyway

Wolf...nice series, but there's something VERY wrong with your Whiskey Club photo.
The bottles are empty ;)

Thanks a lot guys...
If that's how you think about me...

Only half of the bottles were full before I took the photo :D

PS, the photo was taken in Velvia. Provia was nice too, but Velvia added an extra touch

Yes!!!.Nice Macro/on X10 Wolf

From what I read (and as you will know) the GX1 has better high ISO...
But the fuji is so much nicer in handling, colours, macro, looks...
and it costs a lot less too.

I have had the panasonic LX5 too, a very nice camera, but this one easly beats is.
The XZ1 I didn't like much.

This is by far the best small sensor compact I had and i'm really impressed with high iso too
on 800 for example it beats current M43 with kit lens easly...

Really enjoying the Macro on the X10 too Wolf. Have been working on a jewelry box for a client and had to make some Ebony Handles for small drawers.

Dennis.

Attachments

• DSCF0041.JPG
    DSCF0041.JPG
    293.5 KB · Views: 222
Wolf nice series! I adorew Fuji colors and would have jumped on the X10 save for the sensor swap issue. Do you trade orbs for something worse? Since I do so much night work the Orbs would be and issue for me, sadly.

I actually joined this forum as

A) The hysterical, unbelievably rude treatment of both the X10 and its 'orb' issue and their treatment of Armin over at DPR was just too much for me, and

B) I just love my X10, 'warts and all', if you will.

This is actually my first digital camera. I could never find a compact that approached my favorite Canonets or Konica Autos or Yashicas, or later cameras like the Yashica T4, etc. I could never 'warm up' to all these little flat plastic, no viewfinder P&S's. I appreciated the Powershot G cameras, etc., but nothing felt right in my hands. The few that almost felt right were usually saddled with a very slow lens, no viewfinder, no way to use filters, no hot shoe.

I bought the X10 sight unseen, hoping it would be the right thing, and for me it's a revelation. I suppose the combo viewfinder from the X100 would be great, but I did not want to forego this zoom: Imagine what a 28-105, f2-f2.8 would cost as an SLR lens. And it let me work at apertures I'm used to, in low light if I want. Perfect. And I find myself just holding this thing or often just wearing it around my neck: It FEELS like a camera. The zoom ring off/on is ingenius for me, and I don't have to use an idiot button to electrically zoom the lens, it's a real zoom ring, just like a 'real' camera.

There's lots of good cameras out there. But this just fit me to a 'T', almost as if Fuji had asked me what I wanted. The orbs thing? I get 'em occasionally, but sheesh, it's not the End of Western Civilisation or AntiChrist Walking Among Us. I won't be sending mine back, and good on 'ya Fuji for stepping up to the plate. Did they take too long to address it? I couldn't say, but then, how long does it take BIG companies to do their research, talk to the lawyers, buy the parts, set up the internal process, etc., especially if they're doing this from halfway around the world in a different language/culture?

My only real complaint? I'd like the Fuji 'Never Ready' case, but over a hundred bucks makes the $50 lenshade/filter holder seem like the deal of the century. On the other hand, my camera is already black, saving me shelling out for the black SpecialEd X100 !

I'm building a little kit for it, bought my Hoya filters, the lens shade, a Fuji bag, and wanting to round up the EF42 flash PDQ. And Oh Yes, a plain, old-school cable release works fine on this gem, but what surprised me? I could press the cable release halfway, and the autofocus would pre-stage (just like pressing the shutter release halfway with your finger) !

All the Best to All of You,

Joey Wilson

I went to NYC yesterday for my mom's 70th birthday. Here a few family snaps with the X10.

My mom and her five grandkids:

6868138566_17e6da990c_o.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

My niece Ellie (ISO 640, full tele, f/2.8):

6868138362_54338a6af7_o.jpg

My brother and sister in law (ISO 400, full tele, f/2.8):

6868138404_c2d2964601_o.jpg

The next two shots are both 1/20s and ISO 3200, lens wide open.

My parents:

6868138822_b9334a3e1a_o.jpg

6868138876_79d799a88d_o.jpg

Back