Did you ever need a camera serviced or repaired?

Discussion in 'The Watering Hole' started by Jock Elliott, Nov 10, 2015.

1. Jock Elliott

Jock Elliott SC All-Pro

Jan 3, 2012
    Troy, NY
    If so, what was it, where did you have it serviced, and how long did it take?

I'll start:

FZ200, dust on the sensor, Al from Cameraworks turned it around in a day.

Cheers, Jock

2. christilou

christilou SC Hall of Famer

Jul 13, 2010
    Sunny Frimley
    I had my Leica M240 repaired this year. It had dust on the sensor but had also completely frozen. Sent it to Wetzlar in Germany and it took over 3 months to get it back.

Contrast with a Fuji 35mm lens that I had dropped, cost £90 to repair but Fuji turned it around in a week.

• Appreciate Appreciate x 1
  3. taqtaq

taqtaq SC Regular

May 31, 2015
    Espoo, Finland
    Tuukka
    Ricoh GR, dust on the sensor (surprise). Local store sent it to Ricoh, it got lost and I got a new one after 3 months.

I hope the dust doesn't like this unit..

4. Arbib

Arbib SC Regular

Aug 18, 2015
    Over the years, I always have my local camera repair guy give a once over to any used lenses or cameras I buy.
    But, I have had one that needed a repair above a basic CLA..... A Canon EF that needed a mirror repair

5. ajramirez

ajramirez SC All-Pro

Jul 9, 2010
    Caguas, Puerto Rico
    Antonio
    My Leica M9P. Had a sensor replacement due to the sensor corrosion problem. Sent it to Leica NJ and received it back one month later. When it happened a second time, I traded it in for a M-P Type 240.

Very recently, I had to send in a Nikon 20mm 2.8D lens for repair of a stuck diaphragm. The work was done locally in less than two (2) weeks.

Other than that, all of my gear has been completely reliable.

Cheers,

Antonio

• Like Like x 1