1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Digital Autochrome

Discussion in 'Photography Techniques' started by ReD, May 29, 2015.

1. ReD

ReD SC Hall of Famer

Mar 27, 2013
    Experimenting with Red Blue Green

Reading up on early Autochrome process I thought I’d try taking an old BW photo making 3 copies then tinting them up and mixing together to see what happened – obviously far from perfect but you can see the start of some colour seeping into the image.

• Informative Informative x 1
  2. ReD

ReD SC Hall of Famer

Mar 27, 2013
    • Like Like x 1
  3. RT Panther

RT Panther SC All-Pro

Dec 25, 2012
    'Fascinating' :thumbsup:

4. christilou

christilou SC Hall of Famer

Jul 13, 2010
    Sunny Frimley
    Interesting experiment! The pictures I've seen of Autochrome show beautiful soft blues and reds. Would love to be able to emulate that.

5. ReD

ReD SC Hall of Famer

Mar 27, 2013
    The above conversion is all nonsense of course but interesting in that some colour was introduced - mostly they do a better more colourful sepia
    Some of The Autochrome photos I've seen are very beautiful indeed - and made more interesting because of their historical capture

6. SnapDawg

SnapDawg Rorschach Test Pilot

Apr 18, 2014
    Canary Islands
    Ken
    I'm loving those experiments, Roger. I have hand colored silver gelatine prints back in the day and liked it quite a bit but I'm afraid that digital has thoroughly spoiled me. Anyway, nothing beats the 'real' thing in my book and I'm looking forward to install another dark room - once I have finally settled somewhere - should that ever happen, lol.