1. Reminder: Please user our affiliate links to get to your favorite stores for holiday shopping!

Disable RX100 movie button

Discussion in 'Sony RX100 Forum' started by jlabate, Mar 15, 2013.

1. jlabate

jlabate SC Rookie

Apr 6, 2011
    Can anyone tell me how to disable the movie button on the RX100. I haven't been able to find anything in the menus. Thanks.

2. porchard

porchard SC Veteran

Feb 24, 2013
    Devon, UK
    Sadly, I have found no way of disabling the movie button on the RX100. If there were a means of doing so, I would do it without hesitation.

The movie button is a total nuisance to those who have no desire (or only an occasional desire) to shoot video. A firmware update to provide disabling of the movie button, through a menu selection toggle, would be very welcome... Sony, are you listening?!

This is probably my only meaningful grumble about this camera.

3. jlabate

jlabate SC Rookie

Apr 6, 2011
    Thanks. I've been researching this all day and it looks like you are correct, there is no way to disable the button.

I don't see any significant advantage to even having the button as a quick turn of the mode dial can allow movies. Sony, please let me disable it.

4. porchard

porchard SC Veteran

Feb 24, 2013
    Devon, UK
    Ok, let's gang up on Sony, and bully them into providing this option...! :wink::smile:

5. Bryan D. Costin

Bryan D. Costin New to SC

Feb 15, 2012
    Maryland, USA
    Sadly, no. I'd love to see an option to reprogram it like the rear-wheel control buttons. Disabling would be a close second.

Seems like marketing departments pick out a button on every nice camera and decide that its function is Much Too Important to allow users to mess with it. At least a movie record button is nominally useful, unlike, say, Canon's direct-print button.

6. coyote

coyote SC Rookie

Mar 7, 2013
    eastern oregon
    eric
    i totally agree with you all.