Feedback Do folks want to see Buy & Sell threads in Active Discussions and New Posts?

Do you want to see Buy & Sell threads in Active Discussions and New Posts?

• Yes, I'd like to see them included.

Votes: 4 20.0%
  • No, I'll visit Buy & Sell if I want to see those.

Votes: 13 65.0%
  • Doesn't matter to me.

Votes: 3 15.0%

• Total voters
Sure, I'm more likely to see them if they show up in the Active Discussions list. They usually don't stay there long, so I don't see them being a problem, but I'd imagine it will be easier to both sell and buy if they come up in the Active threads when they're first posted...

-Ray

I'm actually very happy about the fact that I *don't* see those threads - if I want that, I use the search tools or go to the respective section of the forum, that's easy and straightforward. This forum is about photography, it's not a marketplace in the first place, is is? Besides, there are enough GAS incubators around here anyway, no need to further fuel the fire ...

I more or less gave up on other boards that featured Buy & Sell threads prominently, drowning out the interesting stuff.

M.

its not like we are inundated with them if we were I'd vote no
Right - they were mixed in together on the old site and I didn't think it was even remotely overwhelming. The bottom line is it would make the classified section more effective for both buyer and seller. The seller is more likely to have his or her product seen by someone who might be interested even if they weren't thinking about it enough to go check the classifieds. And the buyer is more likely to see something that might pique his or her interest, or see it first, or whatever. If we'd been inundated by them in the past, I'd vote no too, but I actually found it pretty useful that way...

If the consensus is not to include them, no problem, but I'm pretty sure I'd be more likely to advertise my used stuff elsewhere first, where it would be more likely to be seen by more eyes...

-Ray

I prefer not to see them. Unlike Ray and Red, I did find them overwhelming. Overwhelming in the sense that, once included, there was less space for regular forum threads to be listed, and they are of greater interest to me...

Like Andy... as long as I can access them via an entry in the forums or at the top of the page as now, I'm happy.

Depends on one's state of GAS. If you're having a GAS outbreak, you'd probably want to see them. If you're temporarily sated, then no.

I think new B&S threads would be more useful to add to active discussions than replies and bumps if you were going to do it.

Depends on one's state of GAS. If you're having a GAS outbreak, you'd probably want to see them. If you're temporarily sated, then no.

I think new B&S threads would be more useful to add to active discussions than replies and bumps if you were going to do it.
Interesting observation. I see it just the opposite though - if I have GAS, it's usually GAS for something in particular, at which point I'm looking in all of the classified sections I think appropriate for that particular item. It's when I don't have GAS that I sometimes stumble on a really good deal on something that I decide I'd like to check out. If I have GAS, I'm looking for it - it's when I'm not looking that having it out front will sometimes get me to think about something I hadn't been... For some, that might be too great a temptation, but I like it. I don't often buy stuff that way, but I have and probably will again. And, at the very least, I find it interesting to see what kind of stuff people are off-loading and what they're keeping...

-Ray

Its also interesting on occasion to see what people want to offload (often having previously sung the praises)

Back