Do we need a Photo-a-Month Challenge as well.

Discussion in 'The Watering Hole' started by bilzmale, May 23, 2011.

1. bilzmale

bilzmale Super Moderator Emeritus S.C. Charter Member Subscribing Member

Jul 17, 2010
    Perth, Western Australia
    Bill Shinnick
    Some time ago there was a request for a place to post a photo a month. Since then we have seen the Weekly Challenge established and more recently The Image Quest. The WC has a contest feel to it with no discussion and the IQ is technique and style based.

Is there still a need for a slower paced thread? It could encourage comment and critique but without the contest of a WC or the rigour of an IQ.

The poll attached is to gauge interest. It is multiple choice and is private.

Please post your thoughts and comments as well and we also need a name for this proposed activity.

• Like Like x 2
  2. BBW

BBW Administrator Emeritus S.C. Charter Member

Jul 7, 2010
    betwixt and between
    BB
    I'd be up for it and would certainly combine Streetshooter's Image Quest in the back of my mind while being involved in this one, too. My first thought was - oh no, I'm not sure...but then I realized, I'm taking pictures anyway and if these different things get me to think differently, then I'm up for all of them.

3. bilzmale

bilzmale Super Moderator Emeritus S.C. Charter Member Subscribing Member

Jul 17, 2010
    Perth, Western Australia
    Bill Shinnick
    Thanks BBW - any other comments?

4. Streetshooter

Streetshooter Administrator Emeritus S.C. Charter Member

Jul 12, 2010
    Philly, Pa
    Bill, it looks like you have your work cut out for you......
    I'm unclear about the 1 vrs 2 a month. I guess it's your call. The Admin team is behind you 100%.
    Don

• Like Like x 1
  5. deirdre

deirdre SC Top Veteran

Sep 26, 2010
    As someone who photographs in fits and spurts and has a too-busy life, I'm in favor of a longer challenge. :)

• Like Like x 1
  6. Streetshooter

Streetshooter Administrator Emeritus S.C. Charter Member

Jul 12, 2010
    Philly, Pa
    deirdre,
    If the group goes with a 2 xs a month challenge, I can write you a note for Bill and you can just do 1 a month....

• Like Like x 1