1. Reminder: Please user our affiliate links to get to your favorite stores for holiday shopping!

Dog baby at hempfest.

Discussion in 'Black and White' started by spinyman, Aug 24, 2013.

1. spinyman

spinyman SC Veteran

Dec 21, 2011
    Valley Center,Ca.
    David
    X100s

<a href="http://www.flickr.com/photos/93416977@N00/9574914784/" title="DOG BABY by spinyman, on Flickr"> 9574914784_c8af59c6f7_b. "1024" height="682" alt="DOG BABY"></a>

2. stillshunter

stillshunter Super Moderator Emeritus

Nov 5, 2010
    Down Under
    Mark
    Nice shot!

HempFest hey? :hmmm: I'm no detective but I reckon the expression on the face of the crowd faces betrays where they are - not a straight one among them - even the pooch looks on the hooch. Got to say I'm pretty impressed with the numbers they got off the couch....or did the festival come to them? Ah no, of course, the Munchie Van lured them there!:popcorm2:... I could imagine Green Sleeves playing out an old Ford Transit and the line of musty-smelling moans trudging a step or two behind it.

3. Luke

Luke Super Moderator

Nov 11, 2011
    Milwaukee, WI USA
    Luke
    those two behind the gent with the pooch and the geezer on the right look like they are seriously, seriously stoned.

4. stillshunter

Nov 5, 2010
    Down Under
    Mark
    I hear ya brother, I wonder whether his mother can hear him while he transmits vibes to her on his handheld intergalactic communications device? Having said that I reckon the geezer on the right has not not been stoned since that Grateful Dead concert in '73.

5. Luke

Luke Super Moderator

Nov 11, 2011
    Milwaukee, WI USA
    Luke
    I think you mean he hasn't NOT been stoned since that concert in '73. There is some music that sounds better when one is stoned, but that Grateful Dead stuff ONLY sounds good when you're stoned (Oh man, I hope Ray doesn't read this one :tomato2:)

6. stillshunter

Nov 5, 2010
    Down Under
    Mark
    Yeah that's why I repeated the 'not' - 'not not been stoned' - but you're right your way sounds betterer. :laugh1:
    Yeah I know a few bands like that and even some films. I'm told Cheech and Chong is comprehensible and even funny when in the right zone :hmmm:

7. Luke

Luke Super Moderator

Nov 11, 2011
    Milwaukee, WI USA
    Luke
    Sorry Mark...I didn't see your double negative. It's the happy hour here after a long, slow day at work. :alcoholic:

8. drd1135

drd1135 SC Hall of Famer

Jul 13, 2011
    Southwest Virginia
    Steve
    That's a great shot. The dog and the guy holding him have the best facial expressions.

9. bilzmale

bilzmale Super Moderator Emeritus

Jul 17, 2010
    Perth, Western Australia
    Bill Shinnick
    Classic stuff.

10. pniev

pniev Student for life

Jun 10, 2013
    The eyes of the dog make it extra special!

11. BBW

BBW Administrator Emeritus

Jul 7, 2010
    betwixt and between
    BB
    Love those looks from that cute "dog baby" and his owner - as well as the dark haired woman on the left. Great use of black and white, David!

Meanwhile, I'm going to go dig out some Grateful Dead.:evilsmile: But I'm talking about the old Grateful Dead..."Riding that train...":tongue:

12. ajramirez

ajramirez SC All-Pro

Jul 9, 2010
    Caguas, Puerto Rico
    Antonio
    Why are you ragging on the Dead? Keep that up and I will delete you from my list of preferred moderators... :rolleyes:

13. ajramirez

ajramirez SC All-Pro

Jul 9, 2010
    Caguas, Puerto Rico
    Antonio
    Very cool shot, David!

14. TraamisVOS

TraamisVOS SC Hall of Famer

Nov 29, 2010
    Melboune, Australia
    So I take it a hempfest isn't an arts and crafts market showcasing stuff made from natural renewable recyclable plant materials like baskets 'n clothes 'n things?

15. Livnius

Livnius SC Veteran

Jun 3, 2012
    Melbourne. Australia
    Joe
    I'm willing to bet the photo library on his phone is filled with such selfies.

16. TraamisVOS

TraamisVOS SC Hall of Famer

Nov 29, 2010
    Melboune, Australia
    Probably to remind himself it's his phone.

17. Yeats

Yeats SC All-Pro

Jul 31, 2012
    New Jersey, USA
    Chris
    This is the 4th time I've looked at this photo, and each time I look I want potato chips.

It's a stellar image, IMHO one of those "a picture is worth a thousand words" photos.

18. drd1135

drd1135 SC Hall of Famer

Jul 13, 2011
    Southwest Virginia
    Steve
    De Mortuis nil nisi bonum.

19. Luke

Luke Super Moderator

Nov 11, 2011
    Milwaukee, WI USA
    Luke
    OK, to atone for my sins....here is my penance. I do like the first album (although most Dead fans don't like that one.....different strokes for different folks, I guess)
    <iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/R4qcGdgOmns" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

20. Armanius

Armanius Bring Jack back!

Jan 11, 2011
    Houston, Texas
    Jack
    That's because the dog is thinking, "what have I gotten myself into?" :)