Dogs Dogs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Max pointing a quail on the morning walk.
DSC_4877-XL.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

I'd say that was in danger of progressing beyond play! What kind of beast is that one? Looks like a Jack Russell/Springer Spaniel cross, which would be quite a handful.

JR cross another JR or small terrier. These two are brother & sister. Yes it does look serious, and they do play hard. But five minutes later they are
cuddled up asleep.

Buster has never coped to well with heat, a bit like me then ! He has also been unwell recently . He has had vestibular disease, Plenty of examples
on youtube. (not easy viewing) Confusing and scary for poor Buster . He was trying to get up close to me but couldn't make it ! Very upsetting for me to witness too.
I pulled him up close and put my arms around him. He stayed still then but his eyes were all over the place and moving rapidly . This was all at 3 in the morning.
He finally got to sleep which is more than I did . He seemed almost back to normal when he woke up. Vet first thing and a month of steroids and another unpronounceable
drug. Fingers crossed for Buster. To ease his obvious discomfort during this Hot spell , He is either in the car with me with the air con on full . Or on cold concrete floors.
At night in his bed with a cold water bottle
But this afternoon. Down the river just to stand in it . I had a paddle too.

34521212910_f9dccd38f3_b.jpg
P1050803
by sucofni, on Flickr

34097430363_377a33780a_b.jpg
P1050831
by sucofni, on Flickr

34867917446_afbd1a7669_b.jpg
P1050802
by sucofni, on Flickr

He is 4.5 months old and approx 12.5 lbs. He was 7.9lbs in the prev photo. He was growing 0.9/lbs per week last month. He is a Spaniel mix, but there is also Golden Retriever genes on the mom side. The mom is around 20lbs. Our vet was saying he would be 17-20lbs. He already passed height/length of our 17lbs Main Coon and a grown up Spaniel that we met on our daily walks. My wife wonders also how big he will grow but maybe he will add more muscles. That is what happened when we adapted our Main Coon at age 2, then fluffy belly came:) Puppy wants to play with the cats so he chases them but usually he know who the boss is:)

He was the shyest of his litter of 7, but now he wants to meet and socialize with everybody and every animal. He started to chase the birds, maybe learned from the cats with Main Coon singing to them, so his prey drive is there but not a protection dog. He is too social for that:)

I thought he would be a small dog from looking at his face, but he looks pretty tall. Any idea what size he will be?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back