1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Downtown Boston, MA

Discussion in 'Micro Four Thirds Forum' started by Hyubie, Aug 9, 2011.

1. Hyubie

Hyubie SC Veteran

Jun 8, 2011
    Massachusetts
    Back at this forum's sister site mu-43.com, we had a meet up in downtown Boston, and we attended the Boston PhotoWalks Tour of Beacon Hill.

A good few of us attended and had a blast. I didn't realize that none of us posted our photos here, and figured this might be a good start to also share images of our beautiful city.

All images were taken with the E-PL1, and either the Oly 14-42 kit, Panny 20mm or Canon FD 50mm f/1.4.

Enjoy these, feel free to post your Boston photos, and come, visit us! (No, I'm not an employee of Mayor Menino. :biggrin:)

What better place to start than with our State House.

Directly in front is The Shaw Memorial.

A few from Beacon Hill/Boston Common:

Some of the photographers:

• Like Like x 5
  2. BBW

BBW Administrator Emeritus

Jul 7, 2010
    betwixt and between
    BB
    Wonderful, Hyubie! We down here of more southern New York contingent never got our acts together.:redface: Hope springs eternal, however...maybe for the autumn days.

Boston is so full of history for us here in the states and there's so much to see and do. I spent about a year in Cambridge back in the early 1970s and used to forget where I parked my car... Those streets just don't have the Manhattan grid!:wink:

I'm sorry to say that I haven't been up there in about 10 years, but I've always had a deep soft spot for Bean Town.:love:

You've started us with a really nice array of images...and I think I spy Alan in a few of them, too. Many thanks! I know we have some others who can add to this thread for sure!

• Like Like x 1
  3. Hyubie

Hyubie SC Veteran

Jun 8, 2011
    Massachusetts
    Yes, that is Alan. In the 9th picture, it's a husband-and-wife camera-brandishing tandem (his wife in green). :biggrin:

• Like Like x 1
  4. BBW

BBW Administrator Emeritus

Jul 7, 2010
    betwixt and between
    BB
    "camera brandishing":2thumbs:

5. bilzmale

bilzmale Super Moderator Emeritus

Jul 17, 2010
    Perth, Western Australia
    Bill Shinnick
    An interesting series - thanks for sharing.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Luckypenguin

Luckypenguin SC Hall of Famer

Dec 24, 2010
    Brisbane, Australia
    Nic
    Someone should tell Alan...I don't think that is how a monopod is s'posed to work.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Herman

Herman The Image Stimulator

Jul 11, 2010
    The Netherlands
    Herman
    Well captured series, thanks.

• Like Like x 1