Sigma DP1Q and LVF-01 announced!

Chris2500dk

Top Veteran
The expected DP1Q has been presented, along with a rather surprising loupe type accessory the LVF-01.

dp Quattro Series | Cameras | SIGMA Corporation

09.jpg

Sigma is being Sigma! Everybody uses evf, but I guess they don't want to kill SD1 line but what's the point? With current prices, Sigma dp Merrills make more sense...

My question is, apart from price, does anything functional separate this from a medium or large format camera, if you're adding that... thing... to the back? Makes the whole package absolutely massive.

Also, what's that in front of the lens? A shade? A filter mount?

I'm guessing it's a lens hood.
The main advantage compared to medium/large format would be weight I guess. But I agree, it's a good thing we changed from Serious-Compacts to Photographers' Lounge, otherwise this would be out of scope for the site :D

It seems Sigma took inspiration from current users of the DP Merrills (including myself)
I bought a viewfinder loupe actually for the DP3, but this is how it looks on the DP1:

9130551.JPG
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

I agree that so far the Quattro cameras are not a compelling upgrade for us Merrill users, among other things, I am not really happy about their bigger size and singular shape, rather than take inspiration from the current LCD loupes it would have been better if they could make an EVF, even a bulk one to include additional batteries

Back