DPreview on the new X10 sensor (quick orbs test)

Discussion in 'Fuji Forum' started by Julien, Apr 26, 2012.

1. retow

retow SC All-Pro

Jul 24, 2010
    Oh boy, will I now be able to pick up an orb plagued x10 for USD 200 in the used market? I wouldn't mind:smile: I'd simply regard the orb as a free art filter, unique to Fuji.

2. Julien

Julien SC Top Veteran

Jan 6, 2012
    Paris, France
    Julien
    Don't tempt me! :mad::tongue:

3. drd1135

drd1135 SC Hall of Famer

Jul 13, 2011
    Southwest Virginia
    Steve
    It looks pretty good. I downloaded both images and did a side-by-side. Subjective, of course, but I can't really see a difference except for the lack of orbs. This will cost Fuji a pretty penny. I hope they learn from this. In the information age, obvious problems, no matter how apparently minor, will bite you.

• Like Like x 1
  4. kyteflyer

kyteflyer ~@¿@~

Jan 31, 2011
    Newcastle, Australia
    Sue
    BUT... are Fuji recalling all the X-10s on the shelves out there? Short answer, unknown, and probably not. It remains a worry for some months to come..

5. Djarum

Djarum SC All-Pro

Jul 10, 2010
    Huntsville, AL
    Jason
    The comments are really funny.

I like the one about is Nikon recalling a lens because it has coma. That was funny.

6. Julien

Julien SC Top Veteran

Jan 6, 2012
    Paris, France
    Julien
    DPR comments are always a lot of fun. It's when you realize that they're written by actual human beings that it gets depressing. :dash2:

• Like Like x 1
  7. Joey Wilson

Joey Wilson SC Rookie

Mar 19, 2012
    I just hope those hysterical pixel-counters in the DPR Forums can finally find some peace, some Valiums, sleep at night, and go chicken-peck somebody else's camera to death. Bravo to Fuji for handling this in such an above-board manner. I'm sure as their response ramps up, they will make clear how and when to buy the upgraded version. I won't be sending mine back: I rarely see the things, they remind me of hot spots I'd get in film images back when lenses aren't what they are now, and honestly, mine's too good for me to risk changing it, and I really don't see me adding to Fuji's workload with the bereaved. . . . .

• Like Like x 2