1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Drowned Battery lives!

Discussion in 'Olympus Forum' started by snkenai, Dec 30, 2012.

1. snkenai

snkenai SC All-Pro

Oct 5, 2010
    kenai, AK
    Stephen Noel
    After market battery for my E-p2, left in a pocket, went into the laundry,through the complete cycle, then the dryer cycle, where the wife discovered it. Checked it and it works. Put it in the charger, and it was still nearly full charge.:eek:

2. Luke

Luke Super Moderator

Nov 11, 2011
    Milwaukee, WI USA
    Luke
    and now it's nice and clean, too. :wink:

3. snkenai

snkenai SC All-Pro

Oct 5, 2010
    kenai, AK
    Stephen Noel
    Miles47,
    I don't quite understand your comment. "all this time " was less than a minute, "To help us", wasn't the purpose of the post. It was just a bit of trivia about a careless photographer, and the durability of a modern battery. :confused:

4. Lightmancer

Lightmancer Super Moderator

Aug 13, 2011
    Sunny Frimley
    Bill Palmer
    That's because "Miles" was a spammer building up post count...

My work here is done. Hi ho Spammer, Away!:smile:

• Like Like x 2
  5. christilou

christilou SC Hall of Famer

Jul 13, 2010
    Sunny Frimley
    Good result! I washed my daughter's iPod in the washing machine but it didn't survive......

6. Luke

Luke Super Moderator

Nov 11, 2011
    Milwaukee, WI USA
    Luke
    as an aside to any who stumble upon this.....more often than not when a very old thread resurfaces with an unintelligible post by a new member, it's almost always a spambot. Nice work Bill.......now get back to your honeymoon.

• Like Like x 2
  7. snkenai

snkenai SC All-Pro

Oct 5, 2010
    kenai, AK
    Stephen Noel
    Cristy,
    I once dropped a LG phone in over a foot of silty water. Several hours later went back looking for it. Yep it was dead. Sim card was tested and dead. Several months later I found it in a box of junk, and did not recognize it, so plugged it in and it worked fine. Even had my address book intact. I still have in in a drawer, over 5 years later. Electronic devices, sometimes need a long time to fully dry. By the time that they do, we usually have replaced them. Impatient? :smile:

• Like Like x 1