1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Ektar, Mostly in Madison WI

Discussion in 'Film Camera Forum' started by KillRamsey, Oct 4, 2013.

1. KillRamsey

KillRamsey SC Hall of Famer

Jun 20, 2012
    Cambridge, MA
    Kyle
    Shot two rolls while on vacation there for a wedding. My favorite film, in my favorite town.

Memorial Union Terrace, the best damned place to get a pitcher of killer beer for $13...
    [​IMG]

Rooftop sculpture garden downtown...
    [​IMG]

Atop the capitol building, on the viewing veranda, trying to forget the idiot running the place at the moment...
    [​IMG]

Looking up from a bathroom in James Madison Park...
    [​IMG]

And finally a guy with an awesome shirt at a backyard party here in Cambridge...
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 8
  2. TheRubySusan

TheRubySusan SC Top Veteran

Sep 2, 2013
    Henry, IL
    Ruby
    I enjoyed these! I wish I had my tee-shirt from my undergraduate days (in the 70's) - "Mad City" with an image of the capitol dome with a girl in a bikini substituted for "Wisconsin" atop it!

3. KillRamsey

Jun 20, 2012
    Cambridge, MA
    Kyle
    That sounds like an awesome shirt. My favorite new one I saw around town was the state outline with the moto "Drink Wisconsibly" below it. Dammit I should've bought one.

• Like Like x 1
  4. rbelyell

rbelyell SC Top Veteran

May 14, 2013
    NY Mtns
    love ektar color. what equipment did you use?

5. TheRubySusan

TheRubySusan SC Top Veteran

Sep 2, 2013
    Henry, IL
    Ruby
    Lol! They've got the microbreweries to help you do it! Have you been to New Glarus lately? They're building medieval ruins out back of the "new" building!

6. Susan Sande

Susan Sande SC Veteran

Aug 3, 2011
    Upper left USA
    Dang it guys, now I'm thirsty for a New Glarus Spotted Cow. My beer of choice when in WI (once every 18-24 months).

• Like Like x 1
  7. Luke

Luke Super Moderator

Nov 11, 2011
    Milwaukee, WI USA
    Luke
    It's not as good as it was in the early days. But if you can get a fresh one at the brewery, it's sublime. My wife and I might take a little weekend getaway to New Glarus. That little town is really like a post card.

• Like Like x 1
  8. KillRamsey

Jun 20, 2012
    Cambridge, MA
    Kyle
    I haven't visited the brewery in New Glarus since 2007. I went there the first time I took my new motorcycle out for a getting-to-know-you run. It now has 51,000 miles and lots of creaks/cracks/croaks on it, poor old thing.

I shot these on my usual Minolta XD-5. All but the rooftop "Orpheum" shot were on the MD 28mm f2.8 lens, and the Orpheum was the MC 55mm 1.7 lens.

• Like Like x 2