Eliot pretending he's working...

Gubrz

O.* Gonzo's & Bentley's Dad
Name
Eliot
was working out of town a bit, and got a chance to wander thru a park and also grab some shots while "working" out in the field
all with the fuji x100

this lil guy hung onto the wiper blade and went around with me for about an hour before taking off and ABANDONING ME! :D at one pt he tried to climb to the top of the windshield, so i snagged the camera (the wiper pics were sucking, so i gave up) and got this shot using the flash to make him really stand out(mainly for my nieces and nephews, not for quality photo purposes, lol) he AAAAALMOST made it to the top, but then a teency gust of wind caught him and he tumbled down the windshield like soe many Roald Dahl peaches down a hill. he resumed clinging to the wiper blade instead for the remainder of his stay with me at Chateau Geaunxeau (did i faux french that correctly?!)
note the analogue grunge filter.. its called "windshield" some of this guys buddies helped create it. i couldnt have done it without all their sacrifices
_DSF0163.jpg

this lil guys found somewhere else to hang onto, but i dont think he's going anywhere else anytime soon... i think he was trying to blend in as a thorn! :D
_DSF0212.jpg

back at the park, i tried to get this super cool light blasting thru these leaves, but i had WAAAAAY too much flare in the shot (gogo x100 lens, lol :D ) so i salvaged it into artsy fartsy hipstamic look as best i could. the entire left side of the frame was HUGE flare, lol
the leaves you see here are by FAAAAAR the least amount of flare in the shot. O.O
_DSF0033.jpg

some cool mushrooms on a fallen log. i was DYING to walk back n forth on top of this log. but random people kept coming by, and id suddenly feel that i was looking terribly suspicious, and panic and abandon the mission! that, and i kept wondering if the moment i started to climb atop its cragged exterior, if a snake or spider would venture forth from a cranny to say "HELLO BITE BITE BITE BITE DIE ELIOT MUAHAHAHAHA IVE GOT YOU NOW!!!!" or some such similar silliness
now i wonder if there was another eliot on the other side wondering the same things. it was a big log. perhapts its best we didnt attempt an ascent, as if we had seen each other, one of us would be banished by this dimension... only one eliot per dimension... im pretty sure thats cosmic law by now
_DSF0038.jpg

these guys drove up behind me their first loop around the park, and seemed a bit bummed i didnt get a picture. the next time i saw them they were coming at me, and they slowed way down to make sure i noticed them with my camera... lol. the horn sounded super crazy... i cant remember what it was, almost like a submarine sonar sound or something.. it was WEIRD, lol the traffic coming up behind me slowed as well and waved me into the street(i didnt need to, but it was nice of them to all stop for the one car parade and a quickie photoshoot!)
_DSF0066-Edit.jpg

interesting flower. they were in all sorts of stages of bloom, and this was the best shot i got. i totally forgot not to go macro with the x100 at f2 for most of them ;) OOPS! i called it... Purple Pineapple! then i made a ooOOOOooOEEEEeeeee sound, like Prince. cause everything i think "purple" i think "prince" and that causes a tourettes like outburst of ooOOOOooooEEEEEeeeeEEE!
_DSF0183.jpg

i liked the color of this flower... it was actually a bit more maroonish looking, but i cant help but tweak reality into fantasy. and dont for one moment think that this is only for photos... im all about life of pi type realities in my daily life... lol
_DSF0205.jpg

originally saw this and tried to get a decent SADNESS OF TREES shot, but didnt come up with anything moody enuf, so heres a tree that was used as bait in a tree fighting ring. its terrible, and will be up for adoption once the landscapers patch it up and get it out of recovery... if youd like to adopt this tree, or one like it, please visit your local park today!
_DSF0022.jpg

some of you will be shocked to notice an utter lack of simplified orange shots... youre welcome! lol! :D

im pretty definitely sorta terrible at naturey shots and im doubley sorta defintely pretty terrible at sharpening settings. plus im still getting used to lr5 over aperture.(wow, some things it does are obnoxious...i just keep it around for the circle vign tool, i think)

thanks for looking!

Here's a few more random shots... it would take me too long to post them in various sub forums for people, travel, blah blah... so this is my weekend eliot dumping ground! lol

a tattoo for luke!
DSC04474.jpg

and records for luke! hehe
DSC04468.jpg

sticking camera out the window as best i could while driving over lady bird lake
DSC04458.jpg

parking garage light
DSC04454.jpg

my buddy mike actuallt tolerating my camera in his face, lol
DSC04450-Edit.jpg

my clover plant from st pattys day!
DSC04448.jpg

again!
DSC04445.jpg

uhhhh..... the last 2 attached funny... its my buddy jody and his new gf on sat night at his 34th bday, and those are drinks on the karaoke bar table

Attachments

• _DSF1015.jpg
    _DSF1015.jpg
    81.9 KB · Views: 111
  • _DSF1011-Edit.jpg
    _DSF1011-Edit.jpg
    93.1 KB · Views: 105
Back