1. Reminder: Please user our affiliate links to get to your favorite stores for holiday shopping!

Eliot - testing a LR filter

Discussion in 'Image Processing' started by Gubrz, May 29, 2014.

1. Gubrz

Gubrz O.* Gonzo's & Bentley's Dad

Jun 5, 2012
    Austin, TX
    Eliot
    testing out a LR filter i made
    any feed back on it?

warmed the highlights, cooled the shadows, brightened the whites and shadows, darkened the blacks, a touch of clarity
    trying to get something i can like with just a click, instead of feeling the desperate urge to play with sliders for 30 mins on every photo i take! lol

actually, its 4 versions of the same filter. with varying levels of vignetting, and shadow brightening in case the orig photo is dark or bright

• Like Like x 2
  2. Luke

Luke Super Moderator

Nov 11, 2011
    Milwaukee, WI USA
    Luke
    In general I like them. There's a couple that seem almost like a cross-process and seem a bit over-the-top (not that there's anything inherently wrong with that :wink:). The ones that seem a bit more dialed back still have a bit of a "film" look to them (sorry I'm not clever enough about the various emulsions [and that may not even be the right term here] to tell you which one they look like) and I think they fit the photos well.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Gubrz

Jun 5, 2012
    Austin, TX
    Eliot
    oh i dont know anything about what the films look like... other than provia astia and velvia from my x100 settings, LOL!

4. Ray Sachs

Ray Sachs SC Legend

Sep 21, 2010
    Not too far from Philly
    you should be able to figure it out...
    It reacts differently to different light. There are a couple of shots in there where the blues look a bit like Ektachrome slide film but another couple that look like anything but. And where the colors are muted, they're REALLY muted. Is that third shot actually a color image? It looks like there's a hint of color in a few places, but it could almost be a monochrome image with a touch of sepia...

-Ray

5. Gubrz

Jun 5, 2012
    Austin, TX
    Eliot
    That one was a b&w shot that I then applied the filter to

I had to make four versions of it because dark shots would be TOO dark, and light shots ended up feeling TOO light. I think it's a magic filter. I just can't decide if it's using it's powers for good or evil, yet...

Luke! Ektachrome... Remember that ! ;D we'll sound smart, yet!!!

Eliot@iPad

6. Luke

Luke Super Moderator

Nov 11, 2011
    Milwaukee, WI USA
    Luke
    My Ektachrome arrived from Adorama today. We'll see what it looks like soon enough.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Archiver

Archiver SC Top Veteran

Jul 11, 2010
    Melbourne, Australia
    I really like them!

Go with evil, the photos will be more fun! :daz:

• Like Like x 1