Micro 4/3 EP3 First Impressions

sehran, I'm sure we're all looking forward to seeing some of your E-P3 photos when you have the time to post them. Do you have any advice - or does anyone else - in re Jimmy's question about
the oled display is rather warm... i tried to adjust the temp on the menu but not very successful.
please, anybody... advice if i missed something?

Looking forward to everyone's photos! Wolfie, may it be love at first sight! Christian, do you think you might end up with one of these new Olympus E-P3's?

Christian, do you think you might end up with one of these new Olympus E-P3's?

As soon as I have decided which color I like best...

I assume that I should get the silver one. Black absorbs warmth better than silver and since we know that warmer sensors tend to be noisier the silver version is to be preferred. :D

i am glad that i bought the e-p3.
here are a couple samples taken during lunch break

bamboo
Bamboo.jpg

marilyn
P7260214.jpg

Jimmy,

What lens is used in the first shot? That's some pretty "interesting" fringing you've got there.

Gordon.

P.s. Saw one at Bancock Airport on the way home from Norway, yesterday. If Norway hadn't already done so much damage to the credit card I'd probably have it in the hand by now.

i am glad that i bought the e-p3.
here are a couple samples taken during lunch break

bamboo
Bamboo.jpg

marilyn
P7260214.jpg

I posted one bird shot in the mu43 forum, wasn't the best one but it shows the AF capability in low light during sunset.

For the question, I did notice warm colors in my cat shots and I found in the menu that there is a warming option for photos other then the skin tones. I already find Oly colors warm enough so I chose to disable the warming option on jpegs. That might be the problem.

For silver vs black color, I chose black since I had scratches on my silver e-p1 vs none on the black e-p2. Also for the skin I use Asahi skin on e-p1 and liked it a lot. For e-p2 it wasn't available at that time, so I bought it from a Korean seller. It is good but prefer the Asahi. I was checking his web site but we have to wait.

Serhan, I'm sure we're all looking forward to seeing some of your E-P3 photos when you have the time to post them. Do you have any advice - or does anyone else - in re Jimmy's question about

Looking forward to everyone's photos! Wolfie, may it be love at first sight! Christian, do you think you might end up with one of these new Olympus E-P3's?

Here is the photo:
ISO 3200 1/80 sec at 300mm hand held:
original.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

flash said:
Jimmy,

What lens is used in the first shot? That's some pretty "interesting" fringing you've got there.

Gordon,
i can't remember... :sorry:

it's either the 17mm or the 1442 II R. i will confirm when i get home .
today i took a couple shots of the same bamboo under similar lighting
condition with the 1442 II R. will post them later for comparison later.

edit:
Bamboo was taken by the 1442 II R. here is the comparison with one
i took today (on the right). both direct jpg from the e-p3; resized.

please advice/ highlight the fringing you described. thanks.

5980385579_0919b24dc9_z.jpg
5980389223_015b82cc6c_z.jpg

another set; edited vs original
5978875793_2ce65bdfb3_z.jpg
5980385579_0919b24dc9_z.jpg

testing the e-p3+1442 II R shooting directly at the sun,
here are a couple of photos direct jpg, resized...

Sun 1 (partially behind cloud)
5980978940_54face4d6f_z.jpg

Sun 2 (completely exposed)
5980973988_d19c13c9a3_z.jpg

Back