1. Reminder: Please user our affiliate links to get to your favorite stores for holiday shopping!

EPL2 Image thread, "I know you're going to get one"

Discussion in 'Micro Four Thirds Forum' started by AzPete, Feb 3, 2011.

1. AzPete

AzPete SC Veteran

Dec 24, 2010
    I'll start it off. This morning I took a little trip to the local cemetary, a favorite spot
    of mine to take a few snaps. I know there is a RIP thread but I wanted to start a epl2 photo one.
    All shots were in Art mode. I've only used art mode so far... go figure. So here goes:

epl2_test_5_revised_sized.JPG

epl2_test_027revised_sized.JPG

epl2_test_032_revised_sized.JPG

epl2_test_7_revised_sized.JPG

epl2_test_020_revised_sized.JPG

Comments welcome and thanks for looking.
    Cheers all,
    Pete

• Like Like x 5
  2. BBW

BBW Administrator Emeritus

Jul 7, 2010
    betwixt and between
    BB
    Pete, thank you for taking the action to start this new thread.:th_salute:

That art mode is pretty darned impressive. Did you do any post process tweaking? They're very intense - which I mean as a compliment. I feel as though there's a very slight otherworldly film feeling. I don't know if that's a combination of the E-PL2's art mode and you or what, but it has worked very powerfully.

Your second and third are my own favorites of this group, though they all are very moving. I think I like these two the best due to their color and their less personal nature. I am not used to seeing photographs on people's headstones. Not saying it's a bad thing - just a very different thing for me.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Ghosthunter

Ghosthunter boo!

Sep 8, 2010
    London UK
    Andy
    Brilliant set!! I took my camera when i picked my boys up from school and i was hoping for a decent sun set but alas it was not to be.

• Like Like x 1
  4. AzPete

AzPete SC Veteran

Dec 24, 2010
    Thanks Andy and have fun with the new toy:
    BB: all I did was to add some vignette and adjust the overall tone. no sharpening or creative stuff... I'm
    not very good in the post dept.
    Thanks,
    Pete

• Like Like x 1
  5. BillN

BillN SC Hall of Famer

Aug 25, 2010
    S W France
    Bill
    Pete Mate - "one of your favourite spots" - I better get across there and "sort you out" - or send you a few of my "pills" ........... but wait - have they got a bar there?

• Like Like x 1
  6. AzPete

AzPete SC Veteran

Dec 24, 2010
    ROFL!!!!!

Okay I was abit over stating my direction by saying favorite spot.... That made me laugh.

Hope all is well Mr. Bill
    Pete

• Like Like x 1
  7. christilou

christilou SC Hall of Famer

Jul 13, 2010
    Sunny Frimley
    Oh, these are nice. Love the art mode. I think numbers two and three are the most effective, I think the perspective in these two work really well. I always feel that I'm intruding when in a graveyard but when you come to think of it, that's what they're there for, to remember the dead. We should just be respectful.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Hyubie

Hyubie SC Veteran

Jun 8, 2011
    Massachusetts
    Time to revive to thread! :smile:

Got this from a mu-43.com member, and with a very good price. Haven't been able to really go out and shoot with it, but from the few I've shot, I'm very happy with it.

6998073121_0a09f23992_b.
    The Shot by Hyubie, on Flickr

(Below: I know the safety net between me and the kids kinda "destroys" the image, but love this anyway.)
    6998097799_53be4c1eb3_b.
    All you have to do is think happy thoughts... by Hyubie, on Flickr

My first try with the built-in Dramatic Art filter:
    6843307889_6482644885_b.
    Clouds by Hyubie, on Flickr

• Like Like x 3
  9. Wolf

Wolf SC Veteran

Mar 4, 2012
    nice pics, which lens did you use ?

10. Hyubie

Hyubie SC Veteran

Jun 8, 2011
    Massachusetts
    The shots above were with the Panasonic 20mm. Apart from it, I only have the 14mm and the Olympus 45mm. But I'm definitely most comfortable with the 20mm. Love that little lens. :smile: