Europa and the Bull

Discussion in 'Photography Techniques' started by ReD, May 23, 2013.

1. ReD

ReD SC Hall of Famer

Mar 27, 2013
    Europa

Back in my Amiga days I really enjoyed using D Paint & always intended to take it one stage further to develop it more artistically using Dpaint as a kick off point.

The Amiga is long since dead but I started experimenting today with some of the filters and tools in Photoshop & discovered the Liquefy distortion tool. After a couple of doodles I began to get more curious and developed this image (totally amateur of course but could form the basis for a painting)

Europa and the Bull

View attachment 69887

This is the original photo I used

View attachment 69888

2. bartjeej

bartjeej SC Hall of Famer Subscribing Member

Nov 12, 2010
    bart
    very cool!

3. entropic remnants

entropic remnants SC All-Pro

Mar 3, 2013
    John Griggs
    Oh man! That's excellent! It stands on its own as digital art whether you paint it or not. I like it.

4. Yeats

Yeats SC All-Pro

Jul 31, 2012
    New Jersey, USA
    Chris
    I think it's very cool, love the title.

I had an Amiga A500, and later a CD32 w/expansion. My brother still has his A1200 w/expansion unit. We had DPaint, ImageFX, and he also had a DigiView.

5. ReD

ReD SC Hall of Famer

Mar 27, 2013
    Had a 500plus taken up to 2mg with GVP SCSi - used this to do my accounts & all my correspondence when I stated off in business on my own. I had no respect for Pc's at that time 1992.
    I still have some software - is your brother interested?

6. Yeats

Yeats SC All-Pro

Jul 31, 2012
    New Jersey, USA
    Chris
    He still has it, but never uses it.

It's funny you bring up the Amiga, though... when I see discussions about computers for using Photoshop, cataloging photos, etc. and all these high-end PC's are spec'd out, I think about how time-consuming graphics work was back then...

7. snkenai

snkenai SC All-Pro

Oct 5, 2010
    kenai, AK
    Stephen Noel
    I actually see the bull, ... and the what... after him.

8. Gary

Gary SC All-Pro

Aug 19, 2012
    Southern California
    Gary Ayala
    Very interesting and well done.