1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Europa and the Bull

Discussion in 'Photography Techniques' started by ReD, May 23, 2013.

1. ReD

ReD SC Hall of Famer

Mar 27, 2013
    Europa

Back in my Amiga days I really enjoyed using D Paint & always intended to take it one stage further to develop it more artistically using Dpaint as a kick off point.

The Amiga is long since dead but I started experimenting today with some of the filters and tools in Photoshop & discovered the Liquefy distortion tool. After a couple of doodles I began to get more curious and developed this image (totally amateur of course but could form the basis for a painting)

Europa and the Bull

This is the original photo I used

2. bartjeej

bartjeej SC Hall of Famer

Nov 12, 2010
    bart
    very cool!

3. entropic remnants

entropic remnants SC All-Pro

Mar 3, 2013
    John Griggs
    Oh man! That's excellent! It stands on its own as digital art whether you paint it or not. I like it.

4. Yeats

Yeats SC All-Pro

Jul 31, 2012
    New Jersey, USA
    Chris
    I think it's very cool, love the title.

I had an Amiga A500, and later a CD32 w/expansion. My brother still has his A1200 w/expansion unit. We had DPaint, ImageFX, and he also had a DigiView.

5. ReD

ReD SC Hall of Famer

Mar 27, 2013
    Had a 500plus taken up to 2mg with GVP SCSi - used this to do my accounts & all my correspondence when I stated off in business on my own. I had no respect for Pc's at that time 1992.
    I still have some software - is your brother interested?

6. Yeats

Yeats SC All-Pro

Jul 31, 2012
    New Jersey, USA
    Chris
    He still has it, but never uses it.

It's funny you bring up the Amiga, though... when I see discussions about computers for using Photoshop, cataloging photos, etc. and all these high-end PC's are spec'd out, I think about how time-consuming graphics work was back then...

7. snkenai

snkenai SC All-Pro

Oct 5, 2010
    kenai, AK
    Stephen Noel
    I actually see the bull, ... and the what... after him.

8. Gary

Gary SC All-Pro

Aug 19, 2012
    Southern California
    Gary Ayala
    Very interesting and well done.