Evening Camera Check Portrait

Discussion in 'Portrait' started by Burkey, May 11, 2017.

1. Burkey

Burkey SC Top Veteran Subscribing Member

Apr 18, 2011
    Northern New England
    I recently picked up a used X-T1 in incredible condition for a very good price. I plan on using it this coming weekend at our younger son's college graduation along with an XF 50-140mm f/2.8 I have coming in from Lens Rentals. I grabbed this image last night in the kitchen as I was unpacking the X-T1 and checking it over with my wife looking on. 'Nice incandescent light from the stove hood. 'Thought I'd share it. X-T1, XF35/1.4, ISO640, f1.4, processed in LRCC.
    . . .David
    Darlene in the Kitchen (1 of 1).

• Like Like x 3
  2. Petach

Petach SC All-Pro

Oct 22, 2011
    UK, Essex
    Peter Tachauer
    You will enjoy it I am sure. Lovely piece of kit. I need to dust mine off. It has taken a back seat since the arrival of the Sony A6300.........so maybe this weekend.

• Like Like x 2
  3. bluzcity

bluzcity SC Veteran Subscribing Member

Jul 30, 2013
    Memphis, TN
    Brent
    It is evident from your shooting angle how quickly the depth of field falls off as her left eye is slightly soft. That lens is one of my favorites and produces a beautiful, to me, rendering. Congratulations and enjoy!

• Like Like x 1
  4. Burkey

Apr 18, 2011
    Northern New England
    Truth be known, this is my second time with an X-T1. Glad to have it join the Fuji X body stable. This one appears to be a refurb of some sort, not a scratch on the body, "JPEG counter" started at zero. ('Didn't expect that. ;-) ) And it seems to render JPEGS much differently than round one. Maybe it's the more recent firmware upgrade? Dunno. I've noticed this sort of scenario before when I've sold a Fuji body and then picked up a refurb later on of the same body.
    The XF35? Yup, it was my first Fuji lens. 'Tain't going' nowhere. It's one of my favorite lenses too.
    Thanks for the comments.
    . . . David

5. drd1135

drd1135 SC Hall of Famer Subscribing Member

Jul 13, 2011
    Lexington, Virginia
    Steve
    She looks excited.:wink:

6. Burkey

Apr 18, 2011
    Northern New England
    The camera came in late, (UPS and Amazon haven't had a very good batting average in our area lately.) and I think "Masterpiece Theater" was waiting too. ;-)
    . . . David

Last edited: May 12, 2017