1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

EVF Help

Discussion in 'Sony RX1 Forum' started by Vince, Jul 20, 2015.

1. Vince

Vince New to SC

Jul 20, 2015
    I just bought the Sony EVF for my RX1. When I put my eye to the cup (both sizes), the EVF doesn't appear. I press it harder and looser against my eye, no luck. I change positions all around my eye and still nothing. The odd thing is that when I place my finger gently over the left side of the eyecup, the EVF appears. Am I missing something or do I have a defect? Thanks.

Vince

2. greyelm

greyelm SC Top Veteran

Oct 1, 2011
    London, England
    I don't have your setup but I understand that you can set the RX1 to enable the manual switching of the EVF by the little switch on the EVF. I used to have a similar Panasonic setup and I never liked the eye sensor. I did have one thought, do you wear glasses as they may confuse the eye sensor. Sorry I can't help more.

3. Vince

Vince New to SC

Jul 20, 2015
    I wear eyeglasses and tried both with and without. I also tried the manual vs. automatic switch and that didn't help either. Thanks.

4. christilou

christilou SC Hall of Famer

Jul 13, 2010
    Sunny Frimley
    Just checking to see if you have finder/lcd set to Auto in the menu?

5. Vince

Vince New to SC

Jul 20, 2015
    I will double check when I get home tonight, but yes, I believe I tried both auto and manual. The funny thing is, when I put my finger over the eyepiece, the EVF comes on immediately. But, put my eye there, and nothing.... Seems to defy logic.

6. christilou

Jul 13, 2010
    Sunny Frimley
    That's strange. Mine is quite slow at waking up but at least it does!

7. Richard

Richard SC Top Veteran

Feb 1, 2013
    Marlow, UK
    Do you have unusually cold eyes ?

-R

8. Vince

Vince New to SC

Jul 20, 2015
    Richard - I'm not sure if your kidding or not, but I've never had my eyes tested for temperature..... Doesn't the sensor work by blocking light? Anyway, I'm sending it back for a replacement. Hope that does the trick. Thanks.

9. Vince

Vince New to SC

Jul 20, 2015
    Received a replacement from Amazon. Same issue. Oh well, back it goes. Searched all over the Internet and no one else reported a problem. Thanks to those who replied.

• Appreciate Appreciate x 1
  10. christilou

Jul 13, 2010
    Sunny Frimley
    How annoying.... bad batch maybe. Hope you get a good one next time!!