Sony EVF Help

Vince

I just bought the Sony EVF for my RX1. When I put my eye to the cup (both sizes), the EVF doesn't appear. I press it harder and looser against my eye, no luck. I change positions all around my eye and still nothing. The odd thing is that when I place my finger gently over the left side of the eyecup, the EVF appears. Am I missing something or do I have a defect? Thanks.

Vince

I don't have your setup but I understand that you can set the RX1 to enable the manual switching of the EVF by the little switch on the EVF. I used to have a similar Panasonic setup and I never liked the eye sensor. I did have one thought, do you wear glasses as they may confuse the eye sensor. Sorry I can't help more.

I wear eyeglasses and tried both with and without. I also tried the manual vs. automatic switch and that didn't help either. Thanks.

I will double check when I get home tonight, but yes, I believe I tried both auto and manual. The funny thing is, when I put my finger over the eyepiece, the EVF comes on immediately. But, put my eye there, and nothing.... Seems to defy logic.

Richard - I'm not sure if your kidding or not, but I've never had my eyes tested for temperature..... Doesn't the sensor work by blocking light? Anyway, I'm sending it back for a replacement. Hope that does the trick. Thanks.

Received a replacement from Amazon. Same issue. Oh well, back it goes. Searched all over the Internet and no one else reported a problem. Thanks to those who replied.

Back