Sony Excited all over again for my RX100 after a big day out.

NightBird

Regular
Name
Darren
I found myself wandering around Sydney yesterday with my better half and daughter, and wanted to take something really small with me for the day as I knew it would be a long. My RX100 was the obvious choice. I tend to gravitate towards my larger Fuji X series gear, even when I really don't want to carry it!

Ahhh. But I knew I would be happy with the results from my X-Pro1 and the 18-55.. I was telling myself since the previous night. As always, I slept in and was rushed more than I like in the morning. Ahhh, heck, I will just take the RX100 and a spare battery. I even left it swinging around my neck like a tourist in it's neat little Sony case, which I think is the first time I used it as it was intended.

I hit the road, wondering all the way if I should have brought the X-pro1, 18-55, couple of spare batteries and at least a filter or two dangling beside me in it's shoulder bag.

Well it worked out just great. Yesterdays family outing showed me all over again why I bought it in the first place, and has convinced me not to be silly and to simply trust it. The day started out hazy and uninspiring, though improved as the day went on, and we even ended up at a beach after driving home the long way. I wouldn't have been any happier with the results no matter what camera I had lugged around.

The photos were as sharp as I could want, needed little tweaking, and the family loved the fact I could take quick snaps without rummaging through a bag, and potentially slowing everyone down by changing lenses as I normally do.

One thing I did miss quite a bit, was a viewfinder, but I managed, and now I can think about the RX100II with the EVF :)

11785745705_fed5040ca7_b.jpg

11785686785_e8dbdc1bbf_b.jpg

11786556596_6c96eddc2a_b.jpg

11786659386_21c8061971_b.jpg

11786264563_d4739a68fe_b.jpg

11785839755_16da736a93_b.jpg

Lovely shots, Darren, glad the weather was not too abominable for you and the family!!

Were you up on the Bridge for the second shot?

Thanks Sue. The weather was good! it felt about 30C degrees, but with a breeze. Both my wife and myself have a little sunburn, even after using sunscreen. From memory, the first pic was taken from the Cahill expressway just as the Quay comes into view when walking from the bridge. The second was taken from right near the south pylon of the bridge.

Lovely shots Darren. I was there in June and August just gone, and I am excited to say I am back there in a couple of weeks or so for 3 nights before moving on to Ballina then NZ. I think the harbour is one of the wonders of the world and you have really done it some justice. Looking forward to getting up early to shoot and wander late at night too. We return to the Shangri La on The Rocks where we had fab views of the bridge and opera house. Anyway, well done mate.....nice work.

Back