Expired: Olympus E-PM2 Interchangeable Lens Digital Camera with 14-42mm Lens (Red) - $306/shipped

Discussion in 'Hot Deals - Find a Great Deal? Share It Here.' started by Yeats, Sep 12, 2013.

1. Yeats

Yeats SC All-Pro

Jul 31, 2012
    New Jersey, USA
    Chris
  2. drd1135

drd1135 SC Hall of Famer

Jul 13, 2011
    Southwest Virginia
    Steve
    That's quite a deal. Awesome IQ, fast AF, and the lens.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Luke

Luke Super Moderator

Nov 11, 2011
    Milwaukee, WI USA
    Luke
    it's showing at $449 for me. I think red is a great color for a camera, too. Although one of my beefs with the Olys was how they would overload the red channel on flower shots. I probably could have found some workaround, but it was easier to just sell the whole system.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Luckypenguin

Luckypenguin SC Hall of Famer

Dec 24, 2010
    Brisbane, Australia
    Nic
    Damn, that's the same price that I caved in on trying the old E-PM1 for. Good job it's "across the pond".

• Like Like x 1
  5. Yeats

Yeats SC All-Pro

Jul 31, 2012
    New Jersey, USA
    Chris
    Fullscreen capture 972013 102755 AM.

Meh, my attempt at a direct link didn't work so well. You'd have to click on where it currently says, "17 new from $299.99". The vendor is Products Fulfillment.

I was more than 50% certain that I would not actually receive what I ordered... I figured I might get just the body (OK by me) or the previous-gen model (which I would have returned)... that's why I didn't post this deal sooner.

Luke, I hear ya on the overloaded reds. Pentax does that, too, so I'm used to compensating for that at the time of the shot, or in PP.

Eventually, I'll get the Panny 20/1.7 and make the combo my P&S. Then I'll get the EVF & Panny 100-300 and that will be my "superzoom". :biggrin:

6. Luke

Luke Super Moderator

Nov 11, 2011
    Milwaukee, WI USA
    Luke
    wow....that $299 is nice for the same sensor as the E-M5 (+ that nice kit lens). There's a minty VF-2 in the classifieds ;)

• Like Like x 1
  7. Yeats

Yeats SC All-Pro

Jul 31, 2012
    New Jersey, USA
    Chris
    Gotta let my Paypal regenerate... :frown:

8. Yeats

Yeats SC All-Pro

Jul 31, 2012
    New Jersey, USA
    Chris
    1 kit remaining.

9. Yeats

Yeats SC All-Pro

Jul 31, 2012
    New Jersey, USA
    Chris
    Ah, well, the deal is gone.

10. stratokaster

stratokaster SC Top Veteran

Dec 27, 2010
    Kiev, Ukraine
    Pavel
    I think the VF-3 is better for those tiny bodies because it's smaller and it stays put.