1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Exposure difference between Olympus and Panasonic Lenses???

Discussion in 'Micro Four Thirds Forum' started by swandy, Jun 7, 2016.

1. swandy

swandy SC Regular

Nov 16, 2013
    Has anyone noticed a difference in exposure between Panasonic and Olympus lenses? I have the Pen-F which really - at least for me - screams for small primes and pancakes. I had the Olympus 14-42EZ pancake and got the Panasonic 12-32 Pancake to compare. And while doing some VERY unscientific comparisons (trying to determine which lens I preferred) I noticed that very often the Pen-F will (depending on how I look at the numbers) either overexpose the shot from the Panasonic or underexpose the one from the Olympus pancake. (Now, to be honest I was shooting Aperture Priority with the aperture set at 5.6, but the camera was on Auto ISO - so not a real scientific test at all.) But there were many shots - especially the ones indoors - where the camera will either push up the ISO on the Panasonic (in one shot - sorry already deleted the images - the Aperture, Focal Length and shutter speed were the identical - but the ISO on the Olympus was 500 and the Panasonic was 2000 - same basic framing and same amount of light in the room). The outdoor shots, the ISO was generally set - it was a pretty sunny day - at 200, but the shutter speed would shift a bit - again slower on the Pana than the Oly lens.

I intend to do some better testing - using manual mode and not Auto ISO - but curious if anyone else has noticed this? Thanks.