Micro 4/3 Exposure difference between Olympus and Panasonic Lenses???

swandy

Regular
Has anyone noticed a difference in exposure between Panasonic and Olympus lenses? I have the Pen-F which really - at least for me - screams for small primes and pancakes. I had the Olympus 14-42EZ pancake and got the Panasonic 12-32 Pancake to compare. And while doing some VERY unscientific comparisons (trying to determine which lens I preferred) I noticed that very often the Pen-F will (depending on how I look at the numbers) either overexpose the shot from the Panasonic or underexpose the one from the Olympus pancake. (Now, to be honest I was shooting Aperture Priority with the aperture set at 5.6, but the camera was on Auto ISO - so not a real scientific test at all.) But there were many shots - especially the ones indoors - where the camera will either push up the ISO on the Panasonic (in one shot - sorry already deleted the images - the Aperture, Focal Length and shutter speed were the identical - but the ISO on the Olympus was 500 and the Panasonic was 2000 - same basic framing and same amount of light in the room). The outdoor shots, the ISO was generally set - it was a pretty sunny day - at 200, but the shutter speed would shift a bit - again slower on the Pana than the Oly lens.

I intend to do some better testing - using manual mode and not Auto ISO - but curious if anyone else has noticed this? Thanks.

Back