1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Eye-Fi pro x2 initialization

Discussion in 'Open Gear Talk' started by Grman, Feb 27, 2014.

1. Grman

Grman New to SC

Feb 27, 2014
    Hi all, my first post.

I bought a Ricoh GR last week and ordered an Eye-Fi pro x2 to try out wifi file transfer. I thought the wifi feature would be useful on holidays, when I don't want to lug around my laptop, so intended to transfer each days shots to drop box via my iPad.

I have had problems getting the eye-fi card to initialize. This is necessary as part of the process to set up an account before you can actually use the wifi feature.

I am using a MacBook Pro running OS X 10.9. On plugging the card into the USB slot using the provided sd card reader from eye-fi, the mac sees the card, but soon after the eye-Fi helper says failed to initialize. I the eject and unplug the card, as instructed by eye-Fi support, then plug in again, to find the card is no longer seen by the mac. I then have to format the card in the GR, and go through the process again. Still not initializing.

Am I the only one getting this problem, as there may be a fault with this card, or if there is a known problem, is there a fix.

Thanks

2. BBW

BBW Administrator Emeritus

Jul 7, 2010
    betwixt and between
    BB
    I know we have at least one Eye-Fi user here, Grman. Let's see if he or someone else will have any helpful input soon.

In the meantime, welcome to Serious Compacts!

3. Grman

Grman New to SC

Feb 27, 2014
    Quick update. After very good support over 24 hrs from Ramon at eye-fi, they decided the card must have malfunctioned, so will be sending me a replacement under warranty.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Ripleysbaby

Ripleysbaby supernatural anesthetist

Sep 9, 2011
    Cumbria UK
    Garry
    Is that me BB ? I was going to say. As mine worked perfectly from day one, I cant comment on the fault described . Glad you are sorted Grman.
    They are a little too involved for my liking. It's a shame that the eyefi mobi does not support raw.

• Like Like x 1
  5. BBW

BBW Administrator Emeritus

Jul 7, 2010
    betwixt and between
    BB
    Yup, it was you Garry. Grman - glad you're getting a new one for free!