Fall Colors...

Discussion in 'Scenic, Architecture, and Travel' started by woof, Oct 30, 2011.

1. woof

woof SC Veteran

Sep 23, 2011
    I am pretty sure that white is not supposed to be one of the fall colors. Woke up to about 12" of snow this morning. This was actually very destructive because the leaves were still on the trees. All of the following are taken within about 200 feet of my house. All taken with an LX-5 at 24mm... I was meaning to get out and get some fall color this weekend...

That's my house on the right. To the left is the driveway. More on that later... Four shot portrait-oriented panorama

You can just see the house behind these trees. there are actually two rather large limbs broken in this mess and it took me about two hours with the chainsaw to clear it...

• Like Like x 7
  2. crazy

That is no light dusting either, a fairly solid snow fall.

And to think it was 85 degrees today here at my place in AZ.

3. Briar

Briar SC All-Pro

Oct 27, 2010
    Scotland
    Karen
    Beautiful shots. Well captured with the LX5. Can't believe you guys have snow so soon. It just seems like yesterday it was last winter, where did the summer go? The thought of cold dark mornings and nights of winter quite depress me, but your photos remind me of the beauty that can also be enjoyed at this time. Thanks for sharing.

4. Will

Will SC All-Pro

Aug 30, 2010
    England
    Very beautiful

5. Will

Will SC All-Pro

Aug 30, 2010
    England
    • Like Like x 2
  6. flysurfer

flysurfer SC Top Veteran

Aug 31, 2011
    Standard...

[​IMG]

...or backlit?

[​IMG]

I couldn't decide, so I rather desperately created this:

[​IMG]

Fuji F200EXR

• Like Like x 4
  7. Spode

Spode SC Regular

Jul 26, 2011
    Singapore
    Very Nice.

• Like Like x 1
  8. thoughts

flysurfer:
    The second back light one looks like it is a water color painting.

Excellent coloring, looks fantastic.

will:
    The leaves on the drive almost look like apple red.

• Like Like x 2
  9. woof

woof SC Veteran

Sep 23, 2011
    flysurfer... love the backlit.

• Like Like x 1
  10. BBW

BBW Administrator Emeritus S.C. Charter Member

Jul 7, 2010
    betwixt and between
    BB
    I'm going to cast my lot with the backlit version, flysurfer, though the sepia monochrome has a nostalgic "western" feel to me that makes me feel as though I should be on horseback...riding through that gorgeous countryside.:drinks:

woof, I feel for you with that latest storm we had here - though you up in Connecticut certainly got hit a lot harder than we did in lower Westchester County in New York. Hope you didn't lose any trees!

Will - you're lucky not to have snow yet! It's good to see the leaves strewn over the earth with the green grass still holding its own.:th_salute: