Family Vacation in the Cayman Islands - Ricoh GR and Sigma DP2M

neffsrus

Regular
Waited until we had enough points to cover our airfare, and chose to come in August (rates are lower).

Finished both son's Summer lacrosse tournaments and our oldest son's online summer school class (never again)

This is our big trip of the year. In the past, I've always taken a FF DSLR w/ 3-4 lenses (which took up ALOT of room).

Was really looking forward to only taking these two cameras.

Today is day one. Only had time to post a few photos so far. Working on the Beach shots I took today with the DP2M (and the who family is competing for the laptop.

More soon.
R0020321.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)
R0020337.jpg
R0020303.jpg

R0020342.jpg

Ray, you still haven't, sorry. GR only so far. Hope to post my DP2M shots later today.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using SeriousCompacts mobile app

Finally have some shots from the Sigma DP2M

May not be the best subject matter for the DP2M (vs other similarly sized cameras), or it could be my limited experience and skill using it and the post processing it requires. Regardless, its hard to take bad pictures in the Caribbean, right? I have actually taken more photos with a Nikon AW-110 waterproof camera I share with my sons. It has come in really handy to have in this environment. More soon I hope.
SDIM01241.jpg
SDIM0121.jpg
SDIM0119.jpg
SDIM0110.jpg
SDIM0104.jpg

And my trusty waterproof Nikon AW-110...

DSCN0417.jpg
DSCN0424.jpg
DSCN0402.jpg
I don't want to rename the thread to include "and my waterproof Nikon AW-110", but...

Took it with me today while walking on the beach - just in case. As I said before, it's hard NOT to take good picture of this.

Thanks.

Those shots bring back memories.
We visited Grand Cayman a couple of years ago and found it to be one of the few low-crime islands left in the Caribbean unlike Jamaica , Antigua , St Lucia etc.
Did you visit Hell?
The post office there does a roaring trade selling Postcards ( postmarked from Hell of course ) and T Shirts.

Thanks for your message.

We came here 4 years ago and have been wanting to come back.

Yes, "we've been to hell and back". We met a local couple who actually met there. That's funny.

We have been amazed at how few people are here this week. Apparently this is the hot and rainy season but we've been truly fortunate with the weather all week.

Brad

Thanks to you BBW and LuckyPenquin for naming the bird. I would have searched all over for that.

Back