1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Fantasy Processing

Discussion in 'Image Processing' started by pniev, Oct 6, 2013.

1. pniev

pniev Student for life

Jun 10, 2013
    I was experimenting with Topaz Adjust. It's funny what can be achieved by combining VSCO and Topaz presets as well as Silver Efex and Topaz presets. You may find the results extremely ugly, pleasing or something in between. You decide.
    PS: Couldn't find a similar thread so I thought to start one. If there is a similar thread, perhaps one of the moderators can merge this post into that thread?

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 5
  2. Luke

Luke Super Moderator

Nov 11, 2011
    Milwaukee, WI USA
    Luke
    the second one reminds me of a view through thermal vision goggles

• Like Like x 1
  3. drd1135

drd1135 SC Hall of Famer

Jul 13, 2011
    Southwest Virginia
    Steve
    Reminds me of college . . .

The third shot is striking.

• Like Like x 1
  4. pniev

pniev Student for life

Jun 10, 2013
    Glad you did not mention "from a LSD trip". :smile:

5. Luckypenguin

Luckypenguin SC Hall of Famer

Dec 24, 2010
    Brisbane, Australia
    Nic
    My first thought is that these are some pretty wild effects. My second thought is that you've gotta zap that spot of dust on your sensor.

• Like Like x 2
  6. Nuskyn

Nuskyn SC Veteran

Jul 8, 2011
    @Gelderland - the Netherlands
    Jeroen
    O.K. this is TOPAZ extreme... But when carefully added, TOPAZ is perfect..

• Like Like x 1
  7. TheRubySusan

TheRubySusan SC Top Veteran

Sep 2, 2013
    Henry, IL
    Ruby
    I like the first one best - purely personal, of course! I got Topaz Restyle at the end of the sale in August and Adjust at the end of the sale in September, and so far I've taken two images from Adjust into Restyle, so I'm not crossing companies but I think I see what you're getting at.

I'm finding that images will look "smoother" or won't look "overprocessed" when I'm done in Adjust, even with the loupe view, but when they get saved back into Adobe Elements, they look noticeably different. Is that because Elements is low-end?

• Like Like x 1
  8. pniev

pniev Student for life

Jun 10, 2013
    Am I missing something, Nic?

9. pniev

pniev Student for life

Jun 10, 2013
    I totally agree. It's a nice tool. Usually I don't pay attention to the wild/extreme presets. I was wondering who ever came up with the solarized preset.

Thank you!
    Sorry, I can't help you with the AE-Topaz compatibility. I use Lightroom, with VSCO or my own presets. I use Silver Efex for B/W and Topaz for adding some drama, if needed. I noticed that Topaz increased noise, so I have to work on that.
    Perhaps check the Topaz support site for clues? I can do some guessing but that wont' be very helpful.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Luckypenguin

Luckypenguin SC Hall of Famer

Dec 24, 2010
    Brisbane, Australia
    Nic
    In the last two images you can make out a spot in between the towers of the bridge, and if you look to the same physical location on the other images you can also see it.

• Like Like x 1
  11. pniev

pniev Student for life

Jun 10, 2013
    Thanks, I see them now and will take closer look. Apparently the incamera cleaning setti gs are not enough

• Like Like x 1
  12. pniev

pniev Student for life

Jun 10, 2013
    You have great eyes indeed. Fortunately the sensor is 100% clean. There turned out to be dust on the lens. So that was easy to remove. Thanks for letting me know!

13. TheRubySusan

Sep 2, 2013
    Henry, IL
    Ruby
    You probably know this, but process first and touch up last when you have flecks. Topaz magnifies even my best touch ups!

• Like Like x 1
  14. pniev

pniev Student for life

Jun 10, 2013
    I am terrible at that. :dash2: I usually use standard presets and don't inspect the photo for flecks. A bit lazy so I need to be more careful. What doesn't help either is that my eyes are not what they used to be.

15. TheRubySusan

Sep 2, 2013
    Henry, IL
    Ruby
    I just got my first TRIfocals. I'm not sure I HAVE eyes today!

Sent from my MB865 using SeriousCompacts mobile app

• Like Like x 1
  16. TheRubySusan

Sep 2, 2013
    Henry, IL
    Ruby
    Not such a cool subject as the first ones, but one of the Topaz Adjust solarizations ignored the noise in my Nov. 7 Nocturne photo.
    10751905583_5b709fc5ba_o.
    barge_solarized-1 by rubyj29, on Flickr

• Like Like x 1
  17. Gubrz

Gubrz O.* Gonzo's & Bentley's Dad

Jun 5, 2012
    Austin, TX
    Eliot
    oh man, i was blissfully in my purple world till you pointed out the dust speck n threw me into pixelpeeper land! lol :D

• Like Like x 1
  18. TheRubySusan

Sep 2, 2013
    Henry, IL
    Ruby
    I was playing around with a noisy, blurred, handheld photo of cars driving by on Main St., and Topaz Adjust asked me, "Are you feeling lucky?" I don't even know which filter this is, but I like it. I think some of the squiggles look like griffins.
    10917334543_cdb5d84f13_b.
    Griffins on Main Street by rubyj29, on Flickr