Featured Forum Post: 'EPM2 at the Dunes'

Agree with Spinyman: the first pic is tremendous, the other two are great.

A question: Just how frustrating is the P&S aspect? For the small size and the good sensor I'd be prepared to sacrifice some control, but I would like be able to coerce the thing into obeying me without spending half an hour in menus.

Agree with Spinyman: the first pic is tremendous, the other two are great.

A question: Just how frustrating is the P&S aspect? For the small size and the good sensor I'd be prepared to sacrifice some control, but I would like be able to coerce the thing into obeying me without spending half an hour in menus.

The EPM2 can be setup well enough. The touch screen mitigates the lack of a mode dial. I shoot primarily in A. I set the rear dial so it's on. That way turning it adjusts aperture. Pressing up gets EC.

I could set the fn button to EC, but right now have it to my home AF.

ISO is set to right button.

SCP is turned on and the touch screen helps with that.

The main downside is the 16x9 LCD. In 4:3 it's a little small. I'd prefer a slightly bigger camera with a bigger screen.

For bigger lenses I'd want a larger body.

The sensor is great. IBIS works well enough. And it has all the features like LiveTime that is on the EM5. All in all a good value.

Great shots! Thanks.

I'm finally coming back to the E-PM series as my point and shoot carry everywhere camera, and have an E-PM2 on its way. For perfect controls, the E-M5 is my baby, and I love it. I had an E-PM1, and I know that at times I'll find the E-PM2 functionality irksome, but I managed before, and for another camera with that 16MP sony sensor, I'll manage. Though I shoot manual on my E-M5, I will, like you, use aperture priority and exposure compensation on the E-PM2

Question: What lens were you using? I'm getting the Panasonic 14-42 PZ for everyday, carry everywhere applications, but have a stable of m4/3 lenses too.

Again. Great work!.

Great shots! Thanks.

I'm finally coming back to the E-PM series as my point and shoot carry everywhere camera, and have an E-PM2 on its way. For perfect controls, the E-M5 is my baby, and I love it. I had an E-PM1, and I know that at times I'll find the E-PM2 functionality irksome, but I managed before, and for another camera with that 16MP sony sensor, I'll manage. Though I shoot manual on my E-M5, I will, like you, use aperture priority and exposure compensation on the E-PM2

Question: What lens were you using? I'm getting the Panasonic 14-42 PZ for everyday, carry everywhere applications, but have a stable of m4/3 lenses too.

Again. Great work!.

Many thanks for the kind words! The EPM2, with the touch screen mitigates the lack of dials to a large degree. You'll likely get on with it much better than the EPM1.

Lenses used in these images are the 17/1.8 and the 45/1.8 (first image). I also have the 14/2.5 and 25/1.4. I tend to shoot with primes, though have zooms for my Canon system.

The 14/2.5 makes the EPM2 into a nice jacket pocket camera. Good combo. When I pick up another body (still deciding) I may leave the 14/2.5 on the EPM2 for a "poor man's" Nikon A.

Back