1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Feels like silk, tastes like leather

Discussion in 'Welcomes and Introductions' started by AzPete, Dec 24, 2010.

1. AzPete

AzPete SC Veteran

Dec 24, 2010
    Greetings all and so nice to be here (I think). :rolleyes: Haven't been shooting much these past few months but going to take some time in the new year. Wishing you all a great holiday season, except for BillN... I'm not sure if he celebrates anything I'll tip a glass to you old buddie instead. :wink: BTW my avatar was taken in 1972, so now you know how really old I am. I could be your father

• Like Like x 2
  2. Herman

Herman The Image Stimulator

Jul 11, 2010
    The Netherlands
    Herman
    Hi Pete, merry xmas to you and your family.

3. BBW

BBW Administrator Emeritus

Jul 7, 2010
    betwixt and between
    BB
    Pete, thanks so much for accepting my invite! Looking forward to seeing more of you - and your pictures - in this new year!

Your title made me laugh - I thought it was going to be another of BillN's pig pix. :biggrin:

Merry holidays to you, too, old pal!

4. BillN

BillN SC Hall of Famer

Aug 25, 2010
    S W France
    Bill
    Pete, - and I’ll have a few for you, if I can remember as the “medication” that I’m on makes Christmas sometimes a little unclear - I’m not sure if it will be the red or white this year as the Rosé last year was a bit rough

Just downed a couple of dozen Oysters with the kids, my wife hates them – followed by quails eggs and olives – with a couple of bottles of “bubbly” to wash the taste away – just waiting for the obligatory “headache” to arrive.

got some good Foie Gras for tomorrow to go with the trilogy of Duck, (canard en trois mouvements) – breast, (as the actress said to the Bishop), leg and confit – then some good old English Christmas Pudding – I usually throw Brandy all over it and set it alight as I like to make religious statements at Christmas

I’ve charged all the batteries in the hope that I’ll get a good Xmas shot but just found that my M8, (bought it used a few weeks ago) has the dreaded “coffee stain” but that’s life in the “fast lane” – green smudge last week – coffee stain this week – a lot to look forward to in the New Year

How did you get “over here” to Serious Compacts – a site for seriously compacted people

Have a good Xmas holiday mate, all the best to you and your family

Bill

PS - Welcome - "New Member" - BB must have let you in

• Like Like x 2
  5. BBW

BBW Administrator Emeritus

Jul 7, 2010
    betwixt and between
    BB
    Bill, between laughs - I am sorry for the dreaded coffee stain. May the trilogy clear it on the morrow!:drinks:

6. silverbullet

silverbullet SC Regular

Oct 20, 2010
    Germany
    Sorry, I don't get it what's going on between Bill and Pete, but I want to learn more in my olde days.....

A Merry Christmas to @ and Bill: I 'treated' your M8 with a bit of voodoo....I have a cardboard Leica with needles........let's see what I may do next week...... :daz:

7. BillN

BillN SC Hall of Famer

Aug 25, 2010
    S W France
    Bill
    Bernd

Pete and I are really "good friends" - and (but) we always "pull each others legs"

he's an "old rocker" plus a little older than me and needs 'sympathy' now and again as he can get temperamental under the hot sun of Arizona

Merry Christmas Bernd - we are just about to start a late Christmas lunch - the second apero "bottle" causing the delay

• Like Like x 1
  8. Grant

Grant SC Veteran

Nov 12, 2010
    Lunenburg Nova Scotia
    Oh my, not so good, looks like the Leica may be heading back to Germany for a bit of surgery. I will keep my fingers crossed for you and you baby.

9. silverbullet

silverbullet SC Regular

Oct 20, 2010
    Germany
    Thanks a lot Bill, I got it.....:biggrin:

10. AzPete

AzPete SC Veteran

Dec 24, 2010
    Not to over do my welcome here, it's the good people here that keep the attraction alive. Sure I love photography, but a good friend (s) is worth far more than even a Leica. Well it's Christmas Day and the family will start coming over soon for dinner (and yes they always come to the old man's house), so let me say again I truly hope each of you (yes even you know who), have a great day today and even better New Years.

<Pete tips his glass, let the drinks begin> :wink:

11. Ghosthunter

Ghosthunter boo!

Sep 8, 2010
    London UK
    Andy
    Can we call you Dad? :biggrin:

12. BillN

BillN SC Hall of Famer

Aug 25, 2010
    S W France
    Bill
    He's the oldest on here - why not!

13. AzPete

AzPete SC Veteran

Dec 24, 2010
    I respond to most anything. You can even call me gramps:eek: although I find it hard to believe I am the
    oldest here at 61yrs.
    BTW just saw True Grit with the grandma and it was pretty good...I rate it an 8stars out of 10.

Cheers all
    Dad... aka: Gramps, aka Pete