1. Reminder: Please user our affiliate links to get to your favorite stores for holiday shopping!

Film photographers are invited...

Discussion in 'Film Camera Forum' started by Amin Sabet, Mar 24, 2015.

1. Amin Sabet

Amin Sabet Administrator

Jul 3, 2010
    Film photographers are invited to check out a new site in our network:

http://www.foreverfilm.org

Unfortunately I can't do a single sign on (need to register separately for that site), but I've tried to make registration as easy as possible.

• Like Like x 4
  2. Lightmancer

Lightmancer Super Moderator

Aug 13, 2011
    Sunny Frimley
    Bill Palmer
    Thanks Amin!

I not only like the look and feel, but also the fact that it recognises the resurgence of the ol' analogue. I must dust off my Leicas and post something fresh!

• Appreciate Appreciate x 2
  3. SnapDawg

SnapDawg Rorschach Test Pilot

Apr 18, 2014
    Canary Islands
    Ken
    Been there, done it, thanks Amin!
    It's just that I have all my film gear, negatives, slides etc... stored in some boxes somewhere, waiting to be shipped one day but for some strange reason the darkroom stuff is still here. All it needs is another OM1 or 2 or an F3, a 35mm lens and some rolls; all in all cheaper than a decent dinner for two.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Luke

Luke Super Moderator

Nov 11, 2011
    Milwaukee, WI USA
    Luke
    now that I've signed up, I'll need to dust off one of my cameras and grab a roll of film out of the fridge.

• Like Like x 2
  5. pdh

pdh SC Legend

Jan 2, 2011
    Does it support tapatalk ? :p

• Funny Funny x 1
  6. christilou

christilou SC Hall of Famer

Jul 13, 2010
    Sunny Frimley
    I still have a roll of film in my Ricoh GR from over a year ago:( Probably got at least another 20 pics to take!

7. kyteflyer

kyteflyer ~@¿@~

Jan 31, 2011
    Newcastle, Australia
    Sue
    Joined. I keep looking at my old Minolta, my even older Zeiss and a newer Pentax Espio 738 compact and thinking they should not just lay about. Getting film developed over here though, ugh. Might have to invest in some darkroom gear. There's certain to be some floating about in the second hand markets.

In the meantime, I have both negative and print scanners to put to work :)

• Appreciate Appreciate x 1
  8. Amin Sabet

Amin Sabet Administrator

Jul 3, 2010
    Now you have a good reason to go take those 20 pics sooner rather than later :).

9. Lawrence A.

Lawrence A. SC All-Pro

Nov 8, 2012
    New Mexico
    Larry
    I signed up a bit ago. Thanks! It's already going gang busters.

10. Lawrence A.

Lawrence A. SC All-Pro

Nov 8, 2012
    New Mexico
    Larry
    Well, all you really need is a bathroom you can get dark (and occasionally mess up), some reels, a thermometer, and you're set to go. Chemistry, of course. Though I have daylight tanks, I don't use them. Years of processing commercially on a sink line gave me the habit of developing in open tanks in the dark, and with a decent rod for the reels, anything deep and wide enough can become a tank.

So Sue, we all know there's not much you need to develop some film and we fully expect you to get crackin'!:laugh:

Oh! And darkroom stuff is cheap now; better get some before the film renaissance boosts the prices.

11. pdh

pdh SC Legend

Jan 2, 2011
    Unless you have a yen to shoot sheet film and develop it in trays, there's really no need for a darkrrom at all if all you want to do is develop but not print - for roll film anyway.
    A Paterson Universal tank, a couple of reels and a darkbag for loading the film, and of course chemicals for processing.
    If you want to get really basic, you can develop your film in instant coffee, vitamin C and washing soda. You'll still need fixer though of course.

12. Boid

Boid SC All-Pro

Dec 15, 2011
    Bangalore, India
    Rajiv
    I'm giving Hasselblad and Fuji one more year to come up with a digital X-Pan before signing up for your film site.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  13. SnapDawg

SnapDawg Rorschach Test Pilot

Apr 18, 2014
    Canary Islands
    Ken
    I did a lot of crazy stuff back in the labs but nothing there comes close to the magic of developing some film in my book. I often wish they had never invented all that digital stuff; it has thoroughly spoiled me but who knows ...

14. kyteflyer

kyteflyer ~@¿@~

Jan 31, 2011
    Newcastle, Australia
    Sue
    Of course!! Silly me, I completely forgot about that. Once the film is developed, a scanner can do the rest :) I don't want to print, particularly. Thanks for the timely reminder, Paul. See, its been at least 30 years since I did any of that, I had forgotten :0