Finally A Decision..

Discussion in 'Nikon DSLR Forum' started by pniev, Aug 5, 2015.

1. pniev

pniev Student for life

Jun 10, 2013
    I have been going back and forth for weeks (months?) about replacing my Fuji X-T1 by a Nikon FF camera. Ray Sachs has been very helpful in making my mind. So my walkaround camera (X100T) is accompanied as of yesterday by a Nikon FF camera. I almost bought the Df but opted eventually for the D750.

I won't bore you with all details, but just wanted to say "Hello Again" and to share my first photo taken with the D750. Unfortunately focus is not on the eyes: I did not know how to change the 9-point AF when I took the shot ;-)

[​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 12, 2015
    • Like Like x 7
  2. ReD

ReD SC Hall of Famer

Mar 27, 2013
    I'm clumsy with focus selection - I just half press to lock & then move the camera to frame (That could explain a lot )

• Like Like x 1
  3. Tilman Paulin

Tilman Paulin SC Top Veteran

Nov 15, 2011
    Dublin, Ireland
    I always find it hard to focus on eyes with glasses. The frames always provide a clearer target for autofocus than the eyes.
    Not sure if any of the current "eye-detect-autofocus" algorithms deal with that problem better?

P.S. Oh and Congrats on the new camera! :)

Last edited: Aug 5, 2015
    • Like Like x 1
  4. pniev

pniev Student for life

Jun 10, 2013
    Thank you! I was just lazy. I did not want to look up how I could select the single focus point instead of the 9-point AF points. Indeed, eye-detection AF with glasses is a challenge for cameras.

5. Ray Sachs

Ray Sachs SC Legend Subscribing Member

Sep 21, 2010
    Not too far from Philly
    you should be able to figure it out...
    Congrats on the D750 - it's a great camera that I'm sure you'll put lots of good miles on. And that's a great informal portrait, even if the focus isn't perfectly on the eye. That's one of those rules that's good to have, but it's ok to break sometimes too...

-Ray

• Like Like x 1
  6. rbelyell

rbelyell SC Top Veteran

May 14, 2013
    NY Mtns
    congrats, and i like the picture. no need to always focus on the eyes--or to always do anything!

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. bilzmale

bilzmale Super Moderator Emeritus Subscribing Member

Jul 17, 2010
    Perth, Western Australia
    Bill Shinnick
    Welcome back Peter and enjoy your new gear.

• Like Like x 1
  8. marlof

marlof Trying to focus Subscribing Member

Dec 25, 2010
    The Netherlands
    Marlof
    I am looking forward to see you having fun with your new gear! :)

• Like Like x 1