Finally made it!

Discussion in 'Welcomes and Introductions' started by Iansky, Dec 8, 2011.

1. Iansky

Iansky SC Top Veteran

Dec 8, 2011
    Cotswolds, UK
    Hi All,

I have just discovered this forum and I am due to collect my X100 next week.

It is great to see the founder and other stalwarts are the same ones who formed the backbone of the Mu43 forum and it has given me confidence in knowing they can answer and advise me on how to get the best from the X100.

Big shout out to - Amin, BBW & Streetshooter and apologies to any others I have missed who I know from other forums, I have only done a quick scan of primary people saw these 3 names and knew it was the place to be!!

One excited new member...........Iansky
    • Like Like x 6
  2. Isoterica

Isoterica SC Hall of Famer

Dec 6, 2011
    Welcome to the forum Iansky. I'm new too :)
  3. kyteflyer

kyteflyer ~@¿@~

Jan 31, 2011
    Newcastle, Australia
    Welcome to both of you! I've not frequented the other forums, but find this one to be eminently suitable for most things photographic. The experience and encouragement of the "older" members is truly wonderful.
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Armanius

Armanius Bring Jack back!

Jan 11, 2011
    Houston, Texas
    Welcome aboard Iansky!! I think the folks at SC are even tighter than the folks at MU-43. Many overlaps, but SC is still a bit smaller. Looking forward to seeing your X100 pics and other contributions! :)
  5. Landshark

Landshark PhotoDog

Jul 15, 2010
  6. Alf

Alf SC Top Veteran

Oct 11, 2010
    Northeastern Tuscany
    Welcome! Having seen lots of your GF1+20mm pics, I am waiting for the X100 pics to enjoy.
  7. Will

Will SC All-Pro

Aug 30, 2010
  8. Iansky

Iansky SC Top Veteran

Dec 8, 2011
    Cotswolds, UK
    Thanks all for the wonderful welcome and looking at this forum I think my time here is going to be Fuuuuuuuun and a good learning curve for me.

Some of the images I have seen so far from the X100 are amazing and I am sure I am going to enjoy using it.
  9. Briar

Briar SC All-Pro

Oct 27, 2010
    Welcome Iansky

Ditto to what Alf has said above. I've had a look at some of your work before on mu-43 and in my humble but honest opinion, I think you are rather good!
  10. krugorg

krugorg SC All-Pro

Sep 26, 2011
    Minnesota USA
    Kyle Krug
    Welcome, Iansky, from a fellow mu-43 transient! A couple of fantastic user groups!
  11. snkenai

snkenai SC All-Pro

Oct 5, 2010
    kenai, AK
    Stephen Noel
    fence straddling can be rather uncomfortable. but in this case it's a real pleasure.
  12. BBW

BBW Administrator Emeritus

Jul 7, 2010
    betwixt and between
    Ian, I'm thrilled to see you here! You've been missed - and, please, promise to add a link to your photography site! So you'll have your X100 just in time for the holidays!:drinks: I hope you love yours, Ian, as I do my own.
  13. bilzmale

bilzmale Super Moderator Emeritus

Jul 17, 2010
    Perth, Western Australia
    Bill Shinnick
    Hello Iansky and welcome from the southern hemisphere.
  14. Luke

Luke Super Moderator

Nov 11, 2011
    Milwaukee, WI USA
    I read about your new gear arriving on the Mu43 forum and can't wait to see what you get from the X100. Welcome !
  15. drd1135

drd1135 SC Hall of Famer

Jul 13, 2011
    Southwest Virginia
    What took you so long? :tongue:
  16. Iansky

Iansky SC Top Veteran

Dec 8, 2011
    Cotswolds, UK
    Golly, I am humbled by the comments and welcome messages and it is great to see so many familiar names on here from the Mu43 site - I just hope I can manage to get the same quality of image as those already posted on this site.

Really glad I found you all and BBW - missed you and your posts!
  17. Hyubie

Hyubie SC Veteran

Jun 8, 2011
    Welcome Iansky! Finally got bitten by the Fuji bug too, huh? :smile: Looking forward to your wonderful images!
  18. Lili

Lili SC Hall of Famer

Oct 17, 2010
    Dallas, TX
    Welcome Iansky!
  19. stillshunter

stillshunter Super Moderator Emeritus

Nov 5, 2010
    Down Under
    G'day from Down Under mate.

I'm a straddler too, but find this place more of cosy Jazz bar than the mu43 concert hall. Good music being played at both (a testimony to Amin's good taste) :2thumbs: Truth be told I often prefer to sip my scotch from a glass tumbler while sitting and tapping my foot along with the tunes, rather than jostling with others as I defend my plastic cupped alcopop......but then again sometimes one is just in the mood for ripping out a tribal scream and crowd-surfing with the mass. Yep both read as being :alcoholic: at the end of the night though....let's just call it GAS!