First Hike with E-PL2

Discussion in 'Nature' started by Djarum, Sep 16, 2011.

1. Djarum

Djarum SC All-Pro S.C. Charter Member Subscribing Member

Jul 10, 2010
    Huntsville, AL
    Jason
    I posted this at mu-43.com. I know some are members there too, some aren't. But I'm always looking for as much input as possible. I think this camera might allow me to get inspired again.

So I've had the E-PL2 for a little over a week now. I've been using my e-P1 for almost a year, so I had some idea what to expect. These were mostly OOC except a little cropping on some. The last one is using the Dramatic tone. I think the last one is my favorite.

Again, CC is always welcome.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  2. Very nice hiking shots

3. christilou

christilou SC Hall of Famer S.C. Charter Member

Jul 13, 2010
    Sunny Frimley
    I like them all but especially the first with those rich brown tones against the leaves.

4. jim_khoo

jim_khoo SC Veteran S.C. Charter Member

Jul 11, 2010
    Kuala Lumpur
  5. Djarum

Jul 10, 2010
    Huntsville, AL
    Jason
    Thank you all. These were taken with the poor kit lens:rolleyes:

6. Lili

Lili SC Hall of Famer

Oct 17, 2010
    Dallas, TX
    Lili
    Djarum, very lovely images!I just got the E-PL2. With the 17mm attached it is IMHO the perfect carry-camera.
    The hand-grip and thumb rest makes for a secure old and the larger sensor and superb jpeg engine make OOC images a treat.
    I need to take the mk 2 lens with once seeing how well you've done here with it :)

7. Briar

Briar SC All-Pro

Oct 27, 2010
    Scotland
    Karen
    I love the colour you have captured with this camera on all of these pictures.

8. BBW

BBW Administrator Emeritus S.C. Charter Member

Jul 7, 2010
    betwixt and between
    BB
    The colors are lovely, dark and deep which if you didn't change your post processing shows a big difference with this camera - or is this that in camera filter you mentioned?

My favorite is your last - it's dramatic, interesting and makes the most of your artistic eye!

9. Djarum

Jul 10, 2010
    Huntsville, AL
    Jason
    As much as I liked the first mk I collapsable kit, this one is even better. Sharper wide open, focuses fast enough for me, and much smoother zoom operation. I have a silver 17mm which looks goofy on my red E-PL2, but it still does the trick.

10. Djarum

Jul 10, 2010
    Huntsville, AL
    Jason

BB,

Thanks. The first image had just a pinch of increased contrast applied. It was a really good image to begin with, but I wanted a touch more pop. The second image is OOC except for cropping for square format. The third image is completly OOC but I did use a polarizer. The last image is OOC using the dramatic tone art filter(I think the one Ray has been using a good bit.)

The last image was just perfect at how the sun, clouds, and tower framed nicely.

• Like Like x 1