1. Reminder: Please user our affiliate links to get to your favorite stores for holiday shopping!

first shot from the X Pro 1

Discussion in 'Fuji X Forum' started by pec, Sep 10, 2012.

1. pec

pec SC Rookie

Aug 24, 2012
    Got a chance to play a bit Saturday with my new X Pro 1. I am amazed at the jpg rendering of the greens. A bit of noise is present at 800 ISO.

As everyone else has said this is not a camera for beginners, be patient and it will reward you... My keeper rate wasn't terribly high this first time out, but I kinda like this shot.

Comments/Thoughts?

Flower 1 (small).

• Like Like x 6
  2. bartjeej

bartjeej SC Hall of Famer

Nov 12, 2010
    bart
    those colours are popping! Is that straight out of camera, or processed?
    congrats on your camera, by the way :smile:

3. pec

pec SC Rookie

Aug 24, 2012
    thanks. all i did in LR is about +5 on lights and -5 on darks for a tad more contrast. No color adjustments at all.

4. Pelao

Pelao SC All-Pro

Jul 11, 2010
    Ontario, Canada
    Stephen
    Beautiful.

5. Penfan2010

Penfan2010 SC Top Veteran

Jul 21, 2012
    NJ, USA
    Ed
    Great colors, Paul, and nice use of shallow DOF. Did you find you had problems with the pinks on the flowers? I've noticed blown out reds/magentas/pinks shooting with mind----easy enough to correct in post, but surprised nevertheless.

6. pec

pec SC Rookie

Aug 24, 2012
    Thanks.

Regarding blowing out reds, I need to exposure to the left a tad. I would rather try and recover from shadows rather than bring down highlights. This shot is purposely underexposed from what the meter said I should do. I do the same with my Nikons.