1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

First Shots with an Olympus 35RC (Hey, it's a serious compact, right!?)

Discussion in 'Color' started by matthewm, Jun 29, 2011.

1. matthewm

matthewm SC Regular

Jun 23, 2011
    Sumter/Charleston, SC
    Matthew Morse
    Okay, okay. I know it isn't digital (are non-digital posts even allowed here?), but I just got an Olympus 35RC in the mail today and ran a quick 12 exposure roll of 200 speed (rated at 160) film through it. I'm really impressed with it so far. It's such a tiny little camera. I can just see that it'll be going everywhere with me. The perfect little RF companion. A few photos are below. Nothing super amazing, but I love the way this lens renders. Really surprising for such a small, inexpensive package. Now, if we could just get Olympus to recreate this exact camera with AF and a full-frame sensor in there I'd snap one up in a minute! :)

If you care to read my rambling thoughts about it they're on my blog here.

Here you go! (These are just drug-store scans. No edits other than cropping and auto-levels in PS.)

5885820121_e49d36e441.
    Roses

5885819525_3ec804a511.
    Jenna and the Boys

5885818947_f6e1bb502d.
    Grapevines and Toolshed

5886425276_48232aa793.
    Jenna

5886387522_b390e73c92_z.
    My wife, Jenna, with her Ultra Wide and Slim

• Like Like x 3
  2. dixeyk

dixeyk Guest

Awesome!

3. Penny

Penny SC Veteran

Aug 26, 2010
    Outside Liverpool Uk
    I had one of these little darlings years ago and loved it...well done you getting hold of one now.

4. matthewm

matthewm SC Regular

Jun 23, 2011
    Sumter/Charleston, SC
    Matthew Morse
    Thanks!

5. matthewm

matthewm SC Regular

Jun 23, 2011
    Sumter/Charleston, SC
    Matthew Morse
    Thank you! I always wanted one, but never was quite sure about them. My only regret is not getting one sooner... :D

6. nice

Looks like a fun time, nice start going old school

7. stillshunter

stillshunter Super Moderator Emeritus

Nov 5, 2010
    Down Under
    Mark
    Mate thanks for sharing.

I reckon we need a little more analogue stuff posted on here....especially as our faithfulness to gear is plastic enough as it is :blush: - so there's more than a handful of us that will be tempted to grab one to compliment all our other gear. Also there are a few good analogue shooters already on here that would love to express themselves - or come out of the closet - as the case may be . I had the RC's bigger brother - the Oly SP35 myself - she was a beauty!!!!

Great shots. What have you got loaded in it? Love the colour and grain structure - especially as seen in the Jenna pointing Viv shot.

8. matthewm

matthewm SC Regular

Jun 23, 2011
    Sumter/Charleston, SC
    Matthew Morse
    Thanks so much!! I wish more people would "come out of the closet" and show us some film stuff. :)
    The film is just some cheap 200 speed film I got off of eBay. I ended up with about 150 rolls of it for around $30 or so. Not bad for cheap film I guess. :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

9. matthewm

matthewm SC Regular

Jun 23, 2011
    Sumter/Charleston, SC
    Matthew Morse
    Thanks!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

10. BBW

BBW Administrator Emeritus

Jul 7, 2010
    betwixt and between
    BB
  11. matthewm

matthewm SC Regular

Jun 23, 2011
    Sumter/Charleston, SC
    Matthew Morse
    Hey Thanks! You guys are all so nice over here. I've been lurking around here for a while but haven't posted anything until just recently. I should have been here sooner!! :)

• Like Like x 1
  12. BBW

BBW Administrator Emeritus

Jul 7, 2010
    betwixt and between
    BB
    You're very much the gentleman, and we're awfully glad to have you, Matthew.

13. ifyouseekyle

ifyouseekyle New to SC

Jul 2, 2011
    Matthew,

Great shots and congrats on the new purchase, the 35RC is a great little camera. My favorite little Olympus is the Trip35. It is a very unassuming camera that takes great shots:

[​IMG]

14. DownUnderDog

DownUnderDog SC Regular

MatthewM,
    some 35 years ago I was selling cameras, and the 35RC was my favourite, however the easiest camera to sell was the Trip35. I never owned a 35RC, but now wish I had one.
    Enjoy it. Hey here in Australia its hard to get a 12 ex film. In fact its hard to get film at all.
    Cheers
    DUD