First Tom shot off a new XZ-1

Yes, I know, I was going to get the X-10. The thing is, *this* is the camera I had been lusting after for ages before the X100 came along, let alone the x-10. So I decided (when I found that Kotara JB was offering it for well under retail) to buy it on the spot.

The following has been cropped, sharpened in PS, and processed with CEP as well. The original was a little flat, and Tom got up and walked off after this. He's truly sick of being photographed.

6408777929_f6297129a7_z.jpg

Tom, Not wanting to be bothered. by kyte50, on Flickr

Oh and your as bad as me! Almost lol, I just bought the E-P3 from on here today :)
I am! I was tempted by Mark's EP-3 too, but I don't have the funds so it was an easy decision. I am going to have to rationalise my camera supply, and even though I quite enjoyed my morning with the K-5 today, I think I have lost the love for it, so its going, along with the other lenses, too. Theres a lot of $$ tied up in that which is just going to waste.

Yes, I know, I was going to get the X-10. The thing is, *this* is the camera I had been lusting after for ages before the X100 came along, let alone the x-10. So I decided (when I found that Kotara JB was offering it for well under retail) to buy it on the spot.

The following has been cropped, sharpened in PS, and processed with CEP as well. The original was a little flat, and Tom got up and walked off after this. He's truly sick of being photographed.

6408777929_f6297129a7_z.jpg

Tom, Not wanting to be bothered. by kyte50, on Flickr

Poor Tommy!!! LOL, good choice in cameras I adore mine so much I am keeping it despite getting a GRD 3.

Lovely Kitty picture Sue; I bought a ZX-1 a few months ago and to be honest didn't 'take to it' at all preferred my NEX-5 with 16mm' but as the winter drew closer I got reacquainted with my ZX-1.
When I firts got it LR3 didn't cater for Raw on this particular cam, but of course do now.
I'm not able to get out much at the present to photograph anything but when I do I use the Oly and enjoy it' hope that you continue to as well.

Thanks, everyone. Well, given that Tom has had enough for the moment (and TBH he was getting a bit peeved with the AF lampt continually flashing in his face, because I had not yet worked out how to switch it off). I headed down to the pond after brunch with a friend. The ducks were panicstricken as usual, and the Koi were coy. But there are some shots, and here they are. The first was a random over the fence and over the fields, looking toward the ubiquitous aluminum smeltyer which thank goodness you cannot see. The other two are "pondies"

View attachment 45122
fenceandfields2 by kyte50, on Flickr and its a bit on the bright side. Might operate on it some more when the mood takes me.

View attachment 45123
koi by kyte50, on Flickr. This is a two foot monster. No wonder the ducks sometimes have feet go missing. I dont know which idiots are letting these go loose, they arent aussie natives and they are doing our frogs out of a home.

View attachment 45124
middayduckpond by kyte50, on Flickr. I like going down by the pond. Its a little (well actually rather large) oasis in the midst of suburbia.

Thanks, Penny. Yes, the Koi is huge. The pond is filthy at the moment, thanks to extended rain periods in the last month, its been stirred up something shocking... but, being what it is (part of a natural watercourse) its never *very* clean so until I saw this, I had no firsthand experience of big fish in this pond. One day when I was down there, there was a fellow fishing, and he had caught a few of them (a bucket full). They are considered a pest in our streams, ponds and rivers. Like Starlings, Indian Miners, Cane Toads and other imported species, they drive out the native wildlife.

Back