Flickr apps: For OSX users

I couldn't see where else to post this so its here... feel free to move it if I missed an appropriate forum

I don't know if anyone has alerted the community to the following apps. (Links below). They are for viewing and using flickr from outside the web. I find both very useful, in terms of easily viewing photographs from contacts, comments, for commenting myself and so on. I find I have a preference for Flicker1, but Flickery is also very good. The difference is that with Flicker1 you can see all your contacts listed and then get their posts, but with Flickery, it seems to only show bulk newest from all contacts (there's probably a setting I didn't find yet.)

Definitely worth a look if you use Flickr a lot but find the web interface clunky.

Flickery and Mac App store link Flickery also has a trial version available at the website

Flicker1 and the Mac App store link. No trial for Flicker1.

Slightly OT, but if you're interacting with Flickr from and iPad or iPhone, the premier app IMO is FlickStackr. It's an app that I go to several times a day to see what the talented folks on my contacts list have done. The app is continually being upgraded, which for the most part is a good thing.

I use flickstackr too, on my ipad. I don't do that much flickering on my mobile devices though. The exception being the month I was in NYC and I used the ipad for everything and FlickStackr was what I used for all of my upload, of which there were a LOT. It worked really well. But for grabbing a URL to link photos to this site or other forums, Flickstackr doesn't seem to make that possible (or at least easy enough for ME to figure out), so I'd just have to go back to the web-page for that. And for checking contacts work, I just get an email once a week that shows me what everyone has been up to. So I can spend 15 minutes or half an hour once a week going through it, making the occasional comment, etc, and really devote my attention to it. If I was seeing new stuff all the time in real time, I don't know that I'd get much else done. Or I might just end up resenting the time-sink and just not looking, which would be worse.

-Ray

I use flickstackr too, on my ipad. I don't do that much flickering on my mobile devices though. The exception being the month I was in NYC and I used the ipad for everything and FlickStackr was what I used for all of my upload, of which there were a LOT. It worked really well. But for grabbing a URL to link photos to this site or other forums, Flickstackr doesn't seem to make that possible (or at least easy enough for ME to figure out), so I'd just have to go back to the web-page for that. And for checking contacts work, I just get an email once a week that shows me what everyone has been up to. So I can spend 15 minutes or half an hour once a week going through it, making the occasional comment, etc, and really devote my attention to it. If I was seeing new stuff all the time in real time, I don't know that I'd get much else done. Or I might just end up resenting the time-sink and just not looking, which would be worse.

-Ray

Ray, ditto on the URL capture thing. I've had some interaction with the FlickStackr team;think I'll bring this to their attention via their online suggestion box. They seem very responsive; if there's a way to do it, they'll likely make it happen one of these days.

Back