Flickr has gone all pretty

I do not like the black header! Groups is now called Communities, but not consistently. And oddly, they seemed to be trying to get me to downgrade from my Pro account to a free account. My guess is so that they can then display ads to me!

Also, I could never get to the footer on the home page since it kept loading more photos! I was trying to get to the Flickr blog.

Gone all pretty? I haven't got words to say how bad it is.
Well, I have, but they are against SC site rules.
I'd use a word that rhymes with pretty, definitely.

I presume it's designed for people who use tablets and other touch/swipe devices. It works incredibly clumsily for me using a screen/mouse/keyboard.

Dumping such a massive interface change with no notice to your user base is clumsy and thoughtless beyond belief! What were they thinking? big Big BIG mistake is imposing a whole look without offering options, rather than offering a whole new look as an option extra to the way things were.

I'm now forced to have my 'stream presented the way Flickr wants it, not the way I want it. I want options in how I present my stream.

It takes multiple clicks to get to a pic to edit it title tags and whatnot.. then I have to scroll up and down to see it and the things I'm editing.

It's incredibly slow. My (fast) i7 6GB laptop pants and blows as all the rivers of images keep loading.

It works badly with Opera again (just when it had been stable for about 2 years)

I want options to show thumbs or small images or in fact whatever the size of image I want, not this bombardment of stuff.

Why have they just allocated some random "pretty picture" as a big strap across the top of my stream? WTF?

I could go on and on. I'm so so so pissed off

It does look nice on my ipad, for sure.

You can change the random pretty picture to one of your own. Not sure what the other options are. If you click on the word Flickr you can get to the flickr blog.

That's the only thing you can change. There aren't any other options. What you see is what you get, now.

So if you don't like it, you have to lump it, whether you've paid or not.

My stream now looks like some 15-year-old's tumblr ...

the feedback forum is getting about 1500 ranting complaints (including one of mine) an hour at the moment.

It's hoping against hope that they'll listen.

The first red flag is that when you hit the "what's new" buttons it equates the available storage space to the number of photos based on the average resolution of smartphone cameras...

I'm currently sitting here on a netbook computer with a screen resolution of 1024x600 and the images displayed are now tiny and they've gone back to the bad old days of having to click a link to view the exif info. I also no longer have quick access to my collections on the front page of my photostream, and you can no longer read any of the image descriptions in the photostream without clicking on the image.

I believe that steaming pile of crap would be the best descriptor.

The edit button teased me a bit as it almost looked the way it did before when I clicked it but I couldn't change the thumbnail sizes. Don't like the slideshow much.

I love the fact that they are doing 1TB free without resolution limits. Somebody tell Herman!

They'll work out the bugs.

"Did you know you can change the layout of this page?"

takes you to:

"Oops! Looks like you followed a bad link"

I WANT to still be able to have images AND sets on my Photostream page!

This is NOT good... I do not like being a beta tester...

So, collections...where the heck am I meant to find them now? They were previously accessible from the first page of my photostream where I wanted them. According to the organizer they still exist...

Nic, it's awesome, didn't you realise FLickr is so awesome that they know best how to present and store your photographs?

Stop being such a Negative Nelly, just lie back and enjoy the awesomeness of it all

I always give radical redesigns a little time to bed-in before drawing conclusions. On first glance, all of the most common features are available via the main menu dropdowns on the desktop and tablet versions. Less whitespace, larger photos. Name change from Groups to Communities obviously not complete.

Wait and see...

I guess this will be a good time for me to try to get caught up on all the eBaying I haven't had time to do. I'll give flickr a couple weeks off and see if they get it sorted out. Every time they make changes, it's pretty ugly for a bit, but then they either figure everything out or I get used to it. Here's hoping.

I really don't care about changes to names of things or learning that I have to click the three dots to do something ... I'll soon relearn that ... BUT ...

I've got nearly 6000 photographs on FLickr, and right now they are presented to everyone else in the world in a jumbled stream of large and small on a black background that constantly reloads and scrolls

I've edited all my photographs so that they look right on a static white background and the same size ...

Back