1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Flickr problem - grabbing BB or HTML

Discussion in 'The Watering Hole' started by Armanius, Nov 18, 2013.

1. Armanius

Armanius Bring Jack back!

Jan 11, 2011
    Houston, Texas
    Jack
    Ever since Flickr decide to do the new photo experience, I've been having problems grabbing the BB or HTML code. I'm still using the "old" experience. But the little icon at the bottom of the page that allows for grabbing the BB or HTML code is "greyed out." Anyone else encounter that problem?

2. kyteflyer

kyteflyer ~@¿@~

Jan 31, 2011
    Newcastle, Australia
    Sue
    Not on the "old" experience. I couldn't even find it on the new one. They said there was stuff missing from that, its why I backed out. Not sure I like whats coming but oh well.

• Like Like x 1
  3. pictor

pictor SC All-Pro

Jul 14, 2010
    I don't use the new experience and that's one of the main reasons. I hope that functionality will work, once we are forced to use the new experience.

• Like Like x 2
  4. staticantics

staticantics SC Regular

Oct 15, 2013
    Central California
    Chris
    It is there on the new experience. It looks like a pushpin, you select the size. It's a square with an arrow pointing to the right

• Like Like x 2
  5. staticantics

staticantics SC Regular

Oct 15, 2013
    Central California
    Chris
    I took a screen shot for you here:

plrniGM.

• Like Like x 6
  6. Armanius

Jan 11, 2011
    Houston, Texas
    Jack
    I'm actually having problems with the old experience! The little box with an arrow coming out of it is there. But it's greyed out. Maybe Flickr is trying to force me to switch to the new experience. Aargh ...

Sent from my iPhone using SeriousCompacts mobile app

7. staticantics

staticantics SC Regular

Oct 15, 2013
    Central California
    Chris
    Chances are your privacy settings may be preventing the sharing by embedding?

8. Armanius

Jan 11, 2011
    Houston, Texas
    Jack
    Privacy setting was never an issue before. I could leave all my photos on private and still grab BB codes that allowed me to like photos to the forum. I'll check on that. Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using SeriousCompacts mobile app

9. Armanius

Jan 11, 2011
    Houston, Texas
    Jack
    Even with privacy setting on public, the grab code icon is still grayed out.

10. pictor

pictor SC All-Pro

Jul 14, 2010
    I am sure, that this was not there when I tried the new experience about two weeks ago. It's fine that it has been added.

11. Ray Sachs

Ray Sachs SC Legend

Sep 21, 2010
    Not too far from Philly
    you should be able to figure it out...
    Armando, mine is grayed out with the "old" experience as well, but it's still selectable and the code in the box still changes when I change the selection. Have you tried using it despite its gray appearance?

-Ray

• Like Like x 1
  12. Luckypenguin

Luckypenguin SC Hall of Famer

Dec 24, 2010
    Brisbane, Australia
    Nic
    I opted in and then immediately opted back of the new experience. Currently my "More ways to share" button is coloured white and is working correctly.

13. Armanius

Jan 11, 2011
    Houston, Texas
    Jack
    If I use the "new" experience, the sharing option is "white" and it works.

On the "old" experience, it's still greyed out, and it does not work for my most recent uploads (done yesterday, on 11/17/2013). On my older photos using the "old" experience, the sharing icon is "white" and it works.

Flickr is really annoying me now ...

14. Armanius

Jan 11, 2011
    Houston, Texas
    Jack
    Checked the other settings. The photos were not set as "safe". That's what was causing the share option to be grayed out. All my photos used to automatically upload as "safe." Must have been all the lingerie photos I posted recently. Not!! :)

Thanks for the help everyone!!

• Like Like x 1
  15. Briar

Briar SC All-Pro

Oct 27, 2010
    Scotland
    Karen
    "Old" experience ... "new" experience ... what the heck are you guys talking about?

16. Luke

Luke Super Moderator

Nov 11, 2011
    Milwaukee, WI USA
    Luke
    Karen,
    go to any one of your photo pages on flickr. Above the title should be a box that says something like "try our new photo experience beta" or something to that effect. They may be rolling it out and not available to everyone at once.

• Like Like x 1
  17. BBW

BBW Administrator Emeritus

Jul 7, 2010
    betwixt and between
    BB
    Phew, I thought I was missing something - and I am. No new beta version for me, yet.

Armando, you had be going there for a minute - your photos "not safe"?!:biggrin:

Attached Files:

18. TheRubySusan

TheRubySusan SC Top Veteran

Sep 2, 2013
    Henry, IL
    Ruby
    This explains the problem I had when I first joined. Mine has been greyed out as long as I've been on the forum, but it still works. For my screenshot, go to post #18 in this thread https://www.photographerslounge.org/showthread.php?t=14465&page=2&highlight=BB+code

19. Lightmancer

Lightmancer Super Moderator

Aug 13, 2011
    Sunny Frimley
    Bill Palmer
    Ipernity.

Just sayin' :rolleyes:;)

Sent from another Galaxy

20. Armanius

Jan 11, 2011
    Houston, Texas
    Jack
    My problem was with the little box with the arrow coming out of it. It was grayed out. So I couldn't even get to the next screen where the BB and HTML codes are.

Flickr_woes.JPG