Flickr problem - grabbing BB or HTML

Armanius

Bring Jack back!
Name
Jack
Ever since Flickr decide to do the new photo experience, I've been having problems grabbing the BB or HTML code. I'm still using the "old" experience. But the little icon at the bottom of the page that allows for grabbing the BB or HTML code is "greyed out." Anyone else encounter that problem?

I took a screen shot for you here:

plrniGM.png

I'm actually having problems with the old experience! The little box with an arrow coming out of it is there. But it's greyed out. Maybe Flickr is trying to force me to switch to the new experience. Aargh ...

Sent from my iPhone using SeriousCompacts mobile app

Privacy setting was never an issue before. I could leave all my photos on private and still grab BB codes that allowed me to like photos to the forum. I'll check on that. Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using SeriousCompacts mobile app

Armando, mine is grayed out with the "old" experience as well, but it's still selectable and the code in the box still changes when I change the selection. Have you tried using it despite its gray appearance?

-Ray

If I use the "new" experience, the sharing option is "white" and it works.

On the "old" experience, it's still greyed out, and it does not work for my most recent uploads (done yesterday, on 11/17/2013). On my older photos using the "old" experience, the sharing icon is "white" and it works.

Flickr is really annoying me now ...

Checked the other settings. The photos were not set as "safe". That's what was causing the share option to be grayed out. All my photos used to automatically upload as "safe." Must have been all the lingerie photos I posted recently. Not!! :)

Thanks for the help everyone!!

Chances are your privacy settings may be preventing the sharing by embedding?

Privacy setting was never an issue before. I could leave all my photos on private and still grab BB codes that allowed me to like photos to the forum. I'll check on that. Thanks!

Karen,
go to any one of your photo pages on flickr. Above the title should be a box that says something like "try our new photo experience beta" or something to that effect. They may be rolling it out and not available to everyone at once.

Phew, I thought I was missing something - and I am. No new beta version for me, yet.

Armando, you had be going there for a minute - your photos "not safe"?!:D

Attachments

• FlickrBBcode.jpg
    FlickrBBcode.jpg
    40.5 KB · Views: 120
Ever since Flickr decide to do the new photo experience, I've been having problems grabbing the BB or HTML code. I'm still using the "old" experience. But the little icon at the bottom of the page that allows for grabbing the BB or HTML code is "greyed out." Anyone else encounter that problem?

This explains the problem I had when I first joined. Mine has been greyed out as long as I've been on the forum, but it still works. For my screenshot, go to post #18 in this thread a plea to image posters

My problem was with the little box with the arrow coming out of it. It was grayed out. So I couldn't even get to the next screen where the BB and HTML codes are.

Flickr_woes.JPG
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Back