1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Flickr River - an application to use with Flickr

Discussion in 'Image Processing' started by BBW, Apr 4, 2011.

1. BBW

BBW Administrator Emeritus

Jul 7, 2010
    betwixt and between
    BB
    No, I know it's not really image processing, but this seemed as though it was the best place to post because we have other Flickr discussion threads in here.

I'd never seen nor heard about Flickr River, until I noticed Amin's link in his signature line. Here's a direct link to Flickr River: About Flickriver

There's more to read and it seems as though it could be a very helpful and worthwhile "app" ...as it integrates with Flickr.

Any experiences? Amin, how do you like it?

• Like Like x 1
  2. tanngrisnir3

tanngrisnir3 SC Regular

Nov 11, 2010
    It's a fantastic tool. I can honestly say I use it, literally, every day.

For trip planning, it's irreplaceable. Find an interesting spot w/potential on, say, Google Earth or Acme Mapper (another great tool, btw)?

Flickeriver the name and see what comes up. I've planned several recent vacations that way, and haven regretted none.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Amin Sabet

Amin Sabet Administrator

Jul 3, 2010
    I just started using it after noticing it in someone else's sig, can't remember who...

Just seemed like a good way to show my photos to anyone who is interested to see them. I like how it autoloads and endlessly scrolls and allows someone to sort by recent/interesting, etc. Much more intuitive than Flickr proper.

• Like Like x 1
  4. deirdre

deirdre SC Top Veteran

Sep 26, 2010
    For iPad/iPhone, I've become a big fan of FlickStackr but it's not nearly as complete as FlickRiver. Does give some of the same features, though.

• Like Like x 1
  5. BBW

Jul 7, 2010
    betwixt and between
    BB
    Interesting how you found out about it Amin.

Wow, you plan trips with Flickr River?! I can see I have a lot of looking around in there to do, Taan.

Mmm, FlickStackr sounds good for my other new acquisition.:biggrin:

6. tanngrisnir3

tanngrisnir3 SC Regular

Nov 11, 2010
    Sure I do! Let's say, for example, I'm interested in what potential environment/photo opps are possible from, say, Baxter Pass (a very high, very rugged pass in the Eastern Sierra near Independence, CA). I just Flickriver that, and if anyone's been there and uploaded their photos, BAM, I see in advance if it's too my liking.

The only downside is if no one's either been there or posted their pix of a place of interest.

I've also found out about things I was completely ignorant of from the site. For example, go to Flickriver and type in 'fly geyser'

Bet you didn't know about that......

• Like Like x 1
  7. BBW

Jul 7, 2010
    betwixt and between
    BB
    Wow! You're right - I didn't and there is sooo much I don't know. Thanks so much, Taan. I'm thrilled to learn about new tools and the more visual the better.:thumbup:

Definitely a worth while thing, this Flickr River.

8. vincechu

vincechu SC Veteran

Sep 14, 2010
    I'd recommend using flickriver too. I only use it for browsing images though, as Amin mentioned above, you just scroll down the page and as you scroll more photos load up seamlessly, almost as if flowing like a river ( sorry couldnt resisit :biggrin:).

I love using it to search for images taken with equipment I'm considering buying - like my 31ltd.